|Elle McLemore Quick Info
|5 ft 3 in
|Date of Birth
|September 16, 1991
Elle McLemore is an American actress who is distinguished for giving life to the characters Eva in the musical Bring It On and Heather McNamara in Heathers: The Musical. She has also starred in several films such as At The Top Of The Pyramid (2014) and American Dresser (2018). Elle is also noted for being cast in many TV shows like Los Americans (2011) and Army Wives (2013).
Elle Nicole McLemore
Little Strawberry Shortcake
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Elle graduated from the Palo Verde High School in Las Vegas, Nevada in 2009.
She had also attended acting classes at the Marnie Cooper School of Acting Inc and The John Kirby Studio. She also trained under acting coaches Gary Hudson and Lori Lively.
Elle also studied cold reading/camera under the careful guidance of actress Lynda Goodfriend. She also trained in voice acting from actress Liz Caplan.
She also attended music/sight reading classed under professional musician Alex Lacamoire.
- Father – Todd VanDervoort (Pyrotechnician)
- Mother – Gail VanDervoort (Dancer)
- Siblings – Brittany McLemore (Sister)
- Others – Kenneth W. McLemore (Paternal Grandfather),
Elle is represented by –
- Danis, Panaro & Nist
- Paradigm Talent Agency
- Alex Kohner (Legal Representative)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
45.5 kg or 100 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Elle has dated –
- David Henrie (2010) – Elle and actor David Henrie dated for a short while in 2010. The couple seemed to be the best of pals. However, not much is known about when and why they split.
- In 2013, she was once dating a man who she once posted a picture with referring to him as “hubby“.
- Jason Gotay (2014) – Elle had dated a handsome young man who went by the Insta-handle Jason Gotay in 2014.
- Josh Levinson – Elle has been madly in love with professional tennis player Josh Levinson. Though not much can be said about the couple as they prefer to keep their dating life out of the spotlight. The couple, however, celebrates their anniversary on June 4 every year.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian & White)
Elle has 1/4th Japanese ancestry on her father’s side with Irish ancestry and possibly others.
Dark Brown (Natural)
In the past, she appeared in a commercial for a brand called Waters.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the film At the Top of the Pyramid in 2014 and American Dresser in 2018
- Originating the Broadway characters of Eva in Bring It On and Heather McNamara in Heathers: The Musical
- Being cast in TV shows such as Army Wives in 2013 and Los Americans in 2011
Elle made her feature film debut as Jamie Parker in At the Top of the Pyramid in 2014.
First TV Show
She made first TV show appearance as Gina in The Suite Life on Deck in 2010.
In 2015, Elle was training at 305 Fitness in New York City. Her trainer was Danielle Cara who is a professional cheerleader.
Elle McLemore Favorite Things
- Halloween Movie – Pooh’s Heffalump Halloween Movie (2005)
Source – Twitter
Elle McLemore Facts
- She was born in Honolulu but, raised in Las Vegas.
- Elle was merely four years old when she started performing with her parents who worked alongside magician Melinda Saxe. Her mother was an assistant to the magician, and her father did the pyrotechnics.
- While in high school, she played the character of Peter Pan in a theater production. After that, she took to acting very passionately.
- In 2009, after completing her studies, she finally moved to Los Angeles to focus on her acting career.
- She is a trained dancer who learned from professional choreographer and dancer Andy Blankenbuehler.
- In 2012, she made her Broadway debut in Bring It On The Musical.
- During the film At the Top of the Pyramid (2014), she fell face first and broke her two front teeth while performing a cheerleading stunt. Elle now finds it difficult to chew with them as they are quite fragile.
- In 2016, Elle spent her 25th birthday in hospital after being diagnosed with a severe kidney infection.
- Growing up, she trained as a cheerleader and auditioned multiple times to be on the cheer team. However, she never got selected.
- Since an early age, she has been fond of Winnie the Pooh. Elle also collects memorabilia such as Winnie the Pooh wrist bands and soft toys.
- She is very fond of animals especially dogs.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Elle McLemore / Instagram