|Layton Williams Quick Info
|5 ft 10 in
|Date of Birth
|September 13, 1994
Layton Williams is an English actor, singer, musician, dancer, musical, writer, stage artist, reality television personality, and musical theatre performer. He is known for having been cast as Stephen Carmichael in the television sitcom Bad Education as well as for his work in the West End theatre. His theatre credits include having been cast in productions of The Car Man, Billy Elliot, Hairspray, Rent, Kiss Me Kate, and Everybody’s Talking About Jamie. In addition to that, Layton Williams has worked on a variety of onscreen projects which include the likes of Strictly Come Dancing, Beautiful People, School For Stars, Postcode, The Bad Education Movie, Benidorm, The Magic of Movie Musicals, Everybody’s Talking About Jamie, The Cleaner, Queens for the Night, I Kissed a Boy, and I Hate Suzie.
Bury, Greater Manchester, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Layton Williams studied at Broad Oak High School in Bury.
He trained for several months at the Billy Elliot Academy in Leeds as well as has received training in street dance and drama at Carol Godby’s Theatre Workshop in Bury. Additionally, he studied ballet at Centre Pointe in Manchester.
He won a scholarship to Sylvia Young Theatre School in Marylebone, London, attending the school until 2008.
Also, Layton Williams studied at the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts, a performing arts conservatoire based in Woking, England.
Actor, Singer, Musician, Dancer, Writer, Stage Artist, Reality Television Personality, Musical Theatre Performer
- Mother – Michelle Forshaw
- Siblings – He has many siblings and half-siblings.
Layton Williams has been signed with –
- Curtis Brown Group Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- The Joneses Voice Agency, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- William Morris Endeavor, United States
- 42, United States
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Layton Williams has dated –
- James Harper – He has been romantically involved with actor James Harper.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Black and White)
Layton Williams is of Jamaican descent on his father’s side and has caucasian roots on his mother’s side.
He has dyed his hair in shades such as ‘blonde’.
He has said that he came to terms with his sexuality while working on Billy Elliot in London.
Layton Williams Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in Manchester and shifted to London at the age of 11 in order to pursue a career in acting.
- He brought to life the character of Stephen Carmichael in the comedy film The Bad Education Movie in 2015.
- In 2019, Layton Williams first appeared as Jamie New in a production of the musical Everybody’s Talking About Jamie at the Apollo Theatre in London. For this performance, he won the Black British Theatre Awards in the “Best Male Actor in a Musical” and “LGBTQ+ Champion” categories in 2019 and 2020, consecutively.
- He was seen as a dancer in the 2021 biographical coming-of-age musical comedy-drama film Everybody’s Talking About Jamie, starring Max Harwood, Sarah Lancashire, Lauren Patel, Shobna Gulati, and others.
- In 2023, Layton Williams appeared as a contestant on the 21st edition of the television dance show Strictly Come Dancing and the judges for the season included Shirley Ballas, Anton Du Beke, Motsi Mabuse, and Craig Revel Horwood. For the season, Layton partnered with Ukrainian-Italian dancer and choreographer Nikita Kuzmin and other contestants for the season included Ellie Leach (winner), Bobby Brazier, Annabel Croft, Angela Scanlon, Nigel Harman, Adam Thomas, Zara McDermott, and others.
- Alongside Bobby Brazier and Dianne Buswell, Layton and Nikita finished as joint runners-up of Strictly Come Dancing in 2023 as they lost to winners Ellie Leach and Vito Coppola.
Featured Image by Layton4Eva / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0 DEED