|Gemma Atkinson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 16, 1984|
Gemma Atkinson is an English influencer, actor, radio presenter, dancer, and former glamour model who is known for playing Lisa Hunter in the soap opera Hollyoaks and in 3 spin-off series – Hollyoaks: After Hours (2004), Hollyoaks: Let Loose (2005) and Hollyoaks: In the City (2006). She has also been cast in many other shows such as Emmerdale, I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!, Soapstar Superstar, The Bill, Waterloo Road, Casualty, The Real Hustle, The Hamster Wheel, Law & Order: UK, Strictly Come Dancing, and Glow Up: Britain’s Next Make-Up Star. In addition to that, Gemma Atkinson’s film credits include Boogie Woogie, 13Hrs, Devil’s Pass, Fever, Baseline, The Sweet Shop, How to Stop Being a Loser, The Confusion of Tongues, Airborne, Night of the Living 3D Dead, and Cain Hill.
Gemma Louise Atkinson
Gemma, Thunder Thighs (She got this nickname from her school friends)
Bury, Greater Manchester, England, United Kingdom
She attended and took her GCSEs at Batley Grammar School on Carlinghow Hill in Upper Batley, West Yorkshire.
She has also done a course in nutrition and also wanted to study sports therapy at the university.
Actor, TV Personality, Lingerie and Glamour Model, Radio Presenter, Influencer, Dancer
- Father – David Atkinson
She has been signed to Becca Barr Management, Ltd., Talent Management Company, London, England, United Kingdom.
Her net worth has been $4 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
69 kg or 152 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gemma Atkinson has dated –
- Cleveland Campbell (2003-2005) – The English actors Cleveland Campbell and Gemma Atkinson dated each other from 2003 to 2005.
- Alan Smith (2006) – She met footballer Alan Smith via Cristiano Ronaldo. She had an encounter with Alan that year. Alan used to invite Gemma to his Cheshire flat when his student girlfriend was away.
- Darren Bent (2007) – In 2007, she had a fling with another English footballer Darren Bent.
- Mark Furze (2007) – In January 2007, she has an encounter with Australian actor Mark Furze.
- Cristiano Ronaldo (2007) – Famous Portuguese football player, Cristiano Ronaldo also dated model Gemma Atkinson from January 2007 until May 2007.
- Marcus Bent (2007-2008) – About 7 years her senior, Gemma met footballer Marcus Bent during a party. After splitting with Cristiano, she started seeing him in May 2007. They dated ON and OFF until February 2008. During this time, the couple also got engaged.
- Liam Richards (2009-2013) – Martial arts instructor Liam Richards started dating Gemma in 2009. The duo got engaged to each other in August 2012. But, this relationship also saw an end in 2013.
- Olly Foster (2014-2016) – Former rugby player and personal trainer, Olly Foster started dating beautiful Gemma in 2014. They split in the summer of 2016 after dating for 2 years.
- Ryan Giggs (2017-2018) – In October 2017, Gemma was rumored to be dating a Welsh former soccer player, Ryan Giggs. These rumors went on until early 2018.
- Gorka Marquez (2017-Present) – In June 2018, she was romantically linked with Spanish dancer Gorka Marquez when they met on Strictly Come Dancing. She announced on Instagram on February 1, 2019, that they were expecting their first child together. In July 2019, they welcomed a baby girl named Mia and the couple announced their engagement on February 14, 2021. In January 2023, the couple revealed that they were expecting their 2nd child together. In July 2023, Gemma gave birth to a baby boy named Thiago Thomas.
Race / Ethnicity
39-24-36 in or 99-61-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
She had served as the female face of the 2007 British Grand Prix.
Gemma is also the face of USA Pro.
She is famously a lingerie model and has modeled for several brands like La Senza, Ultimo’s D-G range, and many others.
Gemma has appeared in a Striptease commercial and numerous others.
Best Known For
Portraying Lisa Hunter in the Channel 4 soap opera Hollyoaks from 2001 to 2005. She appeared in a total of 631 episodes.
She played the role of Charlotte Bailey in the 2009 comedy film Boogie Woogie.
First TV Show
From 2001 to 2005, she appeared in Channel 4’s soap opera Hollyoaks for her role as Lisa Hunter.
Gemma is an enormous fitness lover and she does exercises daily by going to the gym and also goes for boxing classes two times a week.
She also knows Muay Thai, which is a combat sport in Thailand.
She works out 4 days a week with weight training, and two days are reserved for HIIT and core workouts. Her single workout session lasts for one hour. She puts special focus on her legs to make them strong and tone them.
Gemma drinks 3 liters of water in a day (but never drinks fizzy drinks; though she boozes on special occasions) and takes care of her skin by not wearing heavy makeup, when not required. In general, she wears it at events, parties, and at work.
She does not eat red meat, and fish and chicken are the only meat, she eats. Gemma does not diet and believes in eating everything but in moderation. Every week, she keeps one cheat day (On that day, she eats whatever she wants).
She keeps snacking throughout the day to keep her energy levels up. She eats snacks like nuts, two pieces of dark chocolate, banana, or oatcakes in between her meals.
Gemma Atkinson Favorite Things
- Cuisine – Italian
- Food – Pizza, macaroni cheese, white chocolate Toblerone. She also likes chicken tikka masala with chips and naan (This is an Indian dish)
- Dinner – Anything casserole-based
Source – DailyStar.co.uk, Reveal.co.uk
Gemma Atkinson Facts
- Atkinson is bad at spelling.
- Gemma is a big animal lover.
- She is a huge fitness fanatic.
- Rowan Atkinson, who is famous for playing Mr. Bean on television is not her dad.
- She was first signed to a modeling agency at the age of 14 by her mom.
- Gemma has also appeared in the Bollywood film Fever, where she played the role of Ria alongside Rajeev Khandelwal.
- She hates food with fennel (or aniseed). Gemma can’t eat steaks or duck or liver or anything like that.
- Released in 2008, she has voiced the role of Lieutenant Eva McKenna in the video game “Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3.” She also did voiceover work for the video game Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 – Uprising in 2009.
- She has played Tamzin Bayle in the medical drama television show Casualty for several episodes.
- For breast cancer awareness, she ran for 5 kilometers in September 2007.
- She also underwent breast enlargement surgery in early 2006.
- In FHM’s 100 Sexiest Women list, she appeared at #32 in 2006, #23 in 2007, #18 in 2008, and #81 in 2009.
- She brought to life the character of Hannah in the 2011 independent comedy film How to Stop Being a Loser.
- Alongside Sadie Frost, Ewen MacIntosh, Kate O’Toole, Paul Henshall, and Katie Sheridan, she co-starred as Angel in the 2014 multi-narrative comedy film The Confusion of Tongues.
- From 2015 to 2017, she was cast as Carly Hope in the soap opera Emmerdale.