|Dianne Buswell Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||May 6, 1989|
Dianne Buswell is an Australian ballroom dancer, well known for being an Adult New Vogue WA champion in 2008 and 2010, and then appearing on So You Think You Can Dance Australia, after which she went on to star in a dance show tour named Burn the Floor in January 2011. She started gaining worldwide recognition in 2015 with her appearance in Australia’s Dancing with the Stars with a well known American Football League star, Jude Bolton. It wasn’t until 2017 when Dianne joined the 15th season of BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing with her partner, Reverend Richard Coles, that she picked up audience’s praise, even though they were the 2nd couple to be eliminated. She was best known for appearing on Strictly Come Dancing, in 2018, this time with a new partner, Joe Suggs. They ended up at the runner-up position in the finale. In early 2019, they went on a Strictly Come Dancing Live! Tour and won 25 shows in a row.
Dianne Claire Buswell
Bunbury, Western Australia
London, England, United Kingdom
- Father – Mark Buswell
- Mother – Rina Buswell
- Siblings – Andrew Buswell (Brother) (Dancer). She also has 2 sisters.
Dianne is represented by –
- Dance Is Life Management
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
51 kg or 112.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dianne has dated –
- Anthony Quinlan (2017-2018) – She met English actor Anthony Quinlan through Gemma Atkinson, a mutual friend. The relationship was fruitful up until early 2018 when they took a short break from their relationship due to the distance separating them, but got back together a few months later. The pair finally called it quits in October 2018, when rumors started doing the rounds that she was close to Joe Sugg, her Strictly Come Dancing partner.
- Joe Sugg (2018-Present) – The rumors proved to be true, and Joe, a British YouTuber, author, and TV personality, announced on social media that he might have lost in the show, but won something much more meaningful, Dianne’s love. As of early 2019, the pair is going strong.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Australian descent.
Light Brown (Natural)
Fiery Red (Dyed)
- Fiery red hair
- Athletic physique
- Chiseled facial features
- Small Waist
Dianne Buswell has endorsed Great Lengths UK hair extensions brand and The Body Shop body and skincare products through her Instagram.
Best Known For
- Appearing in the Australian version of the TV show Dancing with the Stars in 2015
- Becoming a professional dancer on Strictly Come Dancing in 2017, a British TV show, with her partner Reverend Richard Coles
- Appearing in the next season of Strictly Come Dancing in 2018 again, this time her partner being Joe Sugg
- Being an Australian State, National, and International finalist in both Latin American and Ballroom styles of dancing
First TV Show
She had a television debut in 2015 on Dancing with the Stars TV Series premiere as herself. Her partner was AFL (Australian Football League) star Jude Bolton, and they were the 5th couple eliminated.
Dianne commonly does her workouts herself and likes to do them first thing in the morning. That way, she gets endorphins and adrenaline flowing early and starts the day filled with energy.
In order to stay in shape for the camera and get her workout done for Strictly Come Dancing in 2018, she went to Define London gym in Central London. The gym owner, Ashley Verma, put her and a professional dancer Johannes Radebe together in a workout plan named “Barre.”
Those workouts were focused on toning and sculpting, as well as cardio sprints to keep the heart rate elevated and burn calories. Pippa Middleton was also seen training at that gym.
Dianne Buswell Favorite Things
- Makeup Artist – Olivia Davey
- Animal – Dog
- Activity – Swimming, Sunbathing, Dancing, Gym
Dianne Buswell Facts
- Her boyfriend as of early 2019, Joe Sugg, is a YouTuber, brother of Zoe Sugg, best known as Zoella, a YouTuber as well.
- She started ballroom dancing at the age of 4.
- Dianne changed her hair color drastically throughout the years. In 2014, she had a honey-brown hair color and was considered a brunette. Next year, she went blonde with brown roots. She started embracing her fiery red style back in 2016, experimenting with redhead/orange hair color. Finally, in 2018 she got her signature flame hair color that the audience recognized her for.
- Her brother, Andrew Buswell, used to compete with her in dancing, and they were Adult New Vogue WA champions in 2008 and 2010. New Vogue is an Australian dance style originating from the 1930s.
- In February 2018, Dianne and Joe brought a sloth stuffed toy to their Brighton, England, United Kingdom vacation. They took pictures with it for social media as a joke and even said it was their family member.
- After appearing on So You Think You Can Dance Australia without prominent success, she joined the live dance show tour named Burn the Floor in January 2011.
- She briefly stopped appearing on Burn the Floor, but after she was eliminated from Dancing with the Stars in 2015, she rejoined the tour and continued to appear until 2017.
- In 2017, she joined the Strictly Come Dancing competition for the 1st time. Her partner at the time was Reverend Richard Coles, but they were the 2nd couple to be eliminated, and the decision of the judges was unanimous.
- Dianne also attended a special of the Strictly Come Dancing for Children in Need charity in 2017, and her partner was TV presenter Tim Vincent.
- She came back to Strictly Come Dancing in their 16th season in 2018, and this time she was paired with Joe Sugg, who she later started dating. They ended up being runner-up in the series finale alongside Ashley Roberts and Pasha Kovalev as one pair, and Faye Tozer and Giovanni Pernice as the other dancing duo. The winners for that year were Stacey Dooley and Kevin Clifton.
- She joined a special Strictly Come Dancing Live! Tour in December 2018, after the competition ended. The tour itself began on January 18, 2019, and ended on February 10, 2019. Dianne and Joe Sugg managed to win 25 shows in a row, and thus became overall tour winners and made a Strictly Live! Tour history.
Featured Image by Dianne Buswell / Instagram