|Joanne Froggatt Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||August 23, 1980|
Joanne Froggatt is a Golden Globe Award-winning English actress. She is known for her roles in Downton Abbey, Bob the Builder, Liar, Coronation Street, Bad Girls, Nature Boy, Paradise Heights, Danielle Cable: Eyewitness, Filth, Still Life, A Street Cat Named Bob, A Crooked Somebody, Mary Shelley, and One Last Thing. She studied at the Redroofs Theatre School in Maidenhead, Berkshire. Joanne has more than 500k followers on Twitter and more than 200k followers on Instagram.
Littlebeck, North Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire, England, United Kingdom
Joanne Froggatt studied at the Redroofs Theatre School in Maidenhead, Berkshire.
- Father – Keith Froggatt (Owns Rare Breed Sheep Farm and Civil Servant)
- Mother – Ann Froggatt (Owns Rare Breed Sheep Farm and Examiner for Vocational Youth Training )
- Siblings – Daniel Froggatt (Older Brother)
Joanne Froggatt is managed by –
- Principal Entertainment, Artist Management Company, West Hollywood, California, United States
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Joanne Froggatt has dated –
- James Cannon (2012-Present) – In early 2012, Joanne started dating James Cannon, who owns an IT company. On October 6, 2012, the couple had an old Renaissance style wedding and a private ceremony in Oxfordshire.
Race / Ethnicity
- Sharp jawline
- Prominent nose
Joanne Froggatt has either promoted or endorsed brands like –
- Markus Lupfer
- Jimmy Choo
- Pat’s Jewelry
- BEE GODDESS
- Bimba Y Lola
- THE OUTNET
Best Known For
Her versatile roles in TV series and film including Downton Abbey (2010–2015) as Anna Smith / Anna Bates, Coronation Street (1997–1998) as Zoe Tattersall, Robin Hood (2009) as Kate, Bob the Builder as Wendy, Liar as Laura Nielson, and In Our Name (2010) as Suzy
In 2002, she made her theatrical film debut in the romantic-comedy thriller film Miranda as Jacquie.
In 2017, she lent her voice for the character of Wendy in the animated action-adventure film Bob the Builder: Mega Machines.
First TV Show
In 1996, she made her first TV show appearance in the crime drama series The Bill as Kelly Martin.
In 2006, she made her TV show debut as a voice actress in the crime drama series Life on Mars as Ruth Tyler. However, she was uncredited for her role.
She made her credited TV show debut as a voice actress by lending her voice to the character of Wendy on Bob the Builder in 2015.
Joanne Froggatt works out at the gym 3 to 4 times a week. She admits that she is more regular in attending the gym when she’s a part of a class and has to work out in a group. Therefore, she takes aerobics and circuit training classes.
As for her diet, she preferably likes eating more fruits and vegetables. She enjoys fresh seafood more than meat. Joanne does not, however, like to deprive herself of anything delicious and eats everything in moderation. Apart from that, she takes fish oil supplements. While on weekends, she does indulge in a glass of wine or two. Here is what her ideal food day looks like –
- Breakfast – Yogurt and banana smoothie with seeds
- Lunch – Sushi
- Dinner – Kale salad with roasted root vegetables, beetroot, and goat cheese along with some dark chocolate for a treat
Joanne Froggatt Favorite Things
- Word – Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
- Cities For Food – Paris, London, New York, Los Angeles, Sydney for rock oysters, and Nobu in Malibu for sushi
- Restaurants – Arany Kaviar in Budapest, Russia and Restaurante Etxanobe in Bilbao, Spain
- Part Of The Countryside – The North Yorkshire Moors where she grew up
- Dream Destination – Holiday in the Maldives
- Room Inside Downton Abbey – The Library
- Scene Filming Downton Abbey – Court scene when Mr. Bates was sentenced
Source – The Guardian, TheNewPotato.com, CountryAndTownhouse.co.uk, Vanity Fair
Joanne Froggatt Facts
- As a small child, she grew up on a farm in a tiny house near Whitby in North Yorkshire.
- Her childhood was full of adventure and imagination, building tree houses and watching movies.
- At the age of 11, her parents sold their farm and started working for other people.
- At the age of 12, she worked in a coffee shop as a part of her summer job working.
- She loves antique mirrors and is always on the lookout for one.
- She had a terrible experience while shooting in Australia as she got her rotator cuff ripped due to a fall caused by one of the actors who was acting as her abductor and fell over her.
- Los Angeles is her place of escape as it always guarantees sunshine.
- She has never read Mary Shelley’s book “Frankenstein” (1823), although she acted in a film about the famous writer.
- Saturday nights are for having dinner with her husband and friends and Sunday mornings are for lie-ins and breakfast in bed.
- She cannot live without chocolate and green tea.
- She wants her epitaph to have these words, “She looked much younger and prettier in real life!”
- Joanne’s most significant discovery in playing Anna in Downton Abbey was in realizing the lack of choice that women had in those times.
- Her pre-shoot routine involves doing research for her role and in delivering her lines perfectly.
- Her post shoot routine usually involves getting her nails done, coloring her hair, and applying some spray tan.
- Joanne’s go to snacks on set are oatcakes, raw nuts, fruits or some chocolates.
- If she could host a dinner party for any 5 people living or dead, it would be for Marilyn Monroe, Marlon Brando, Winston Churchill, Stephen Fry, and John Lennon.
- She felt happiest on her wedding day in Oxfordshire.
- Her earliest childhood memory was her parents owning a grocery shop and having to live above it.
- The trait she most deplores in herself is caring too much about other people’s opinion.
- The trait she most deplores in others is cruelty.
- If she could have any super power, it would be the power to time travel.
- Lukewarm coffee makes her unhappy.
- The one feature she dislikes in herself is the shape of her feet.
- Her most unappealing habit is leaving half-drunk cups of green tea around the house.
- Ever since she was a child, she always wanted to be an actress.
- She tends to overuse the words or phrase “I’m freezing”.
- The worst job she has ever done is scraping plates in a fish and chip cafe in Whitby.
- If she could change anything about her past, she would change her mindset.
- At the age of 16, she was in a car accident that left a little scar on her face when she smashed the passenger window with her head.
- She feels that being a decent person is her greatest achievement.
- She would like to be remembered for being a kind, caring, and fun person.
- The most important lesson that life has taught her is that it’s never easy.
- She is a huge shoe collector, especially heels by Nicholas Kirkwood, Jimmy Choo and Moschino; and vintage cowboy boots from All Saints Spitalfields.
- Her secret to good skin is Dermalogica products.
- For her daily use, she uses Laura Mercier’s oil-free primer and foundation.
- Her makeup routine is more of creating dramatic effects on her eyes with M.A.C. eye shadows and Lancome Hypnose Mascara and preferably nude lips.
- The fragrance she likes the best is Romance by Ralph Lauren.
- In 2013, she was named the ambassador for Plan UK‘s “Because I Am a Girl” campaign.
- Visit her official website @ joannefroggatt.com.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Joanne Froggatt / Instagram