|Stephen Fry Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 24, 1957|
Stephen Fry is a prolific English actor, comedian, author, director, broadcaster, and journalist who gained immense popularity with shows like A Bit of Fry & Laurie, Blackadder, Absolute Power, etc. He is also well-known for hosting the quiz show QI and the travel series, Stephen Fry in America. He has more than 13 million followers on Twitter and more than 600k followers on Instagram.
Stephen John Fry
Hampstead, London, England, United Kingdom
Actor, Comedian, Author, Director, Journalist, Broadcaster
- Father – Alan Fry (Physicist, Inventor)
- Mother – Marianne Newman
- Siblings – Roger Fry (Older Brother), Joanna Fry (Younger Sister)
6 ft 4½ in or 194.5 cm
93 kg or 205 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Stephen has dated –
- Daniel Cohen (1995-2010)
- Steven Webb (2010-2013)
- Elliott Spencer (2013-Present) – Fry got married to comedian Elliott Spencer, who is 30 years younger to him, on January 17, 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English ancestry on his father’s side and is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent on his mother’s side.
However, his hair has turned gray with his advancing age.
- Crooked nose
- Tall stature
Stephen Fry Facts
- He struggled to deal with his homo***uality and stayed celibate for 16 years from 1979 to 1995.
- Among all the audiobooks he has narrated is the phenomenally successful Harry Potter book series (British release) by J. K. Rowling.
- Hugh Laurie, his comedic collaborator, is one of his closest friends. Stephen was the best man at Laurie’s wedding to Jo Green in 1989 and is the godfather of Laurie’s 3 children.
- He suffers from bipolar disorder.
- In 2008, Stephen landed at #44 on the list of ‘100 Most Powerful People in British Culture’ curated by The Telegraph.
- He is a massive technology buff.
- Stephen was successfully treated for prostate cancer in 2018.
Featured Image by Brian Minkoff / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0