|Taissa Farmiga Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6¼ in|
|Date of Birth||August 17, 1994|
Ever since she made her debut in her sister Vera Farmiga’s directorial debut, Taissa Farmiga has earned a reputation for being a horror drama specialist. She has been cast in various important roles in the popular horror TV series franchise American Horror Story. She was also cast in the lead role in the 2018 horror movie, The Nun. However, that doesn’t mean her skills are lacking in other genres. Her work in Ethan Hawke and John Travolta starrer western movie, In a Valley of Violence, has been highly praised.
Readington, New Jersey, United States
Taissa Farmiga went to the public school until the 4th grade. Thereafter, she completed her education through homeschooling.
She has also taken American Sign Language classes for 4 years.
- Father – Michael Farmiga (Systems Analyst)
- Mother – Lubomyra Farmiga (School Teacher)
- Siblings – Victor Farmiga (Older Brother), Vera Farmiga (Older Sister) (Actress, Director, and Producer), Stephan Farmiga (Older Brother), Nadia Farmiga (Older Sister), Alexander Farmiga (Older Brother), Laryssa Farmiga (Older Sister)
- Others – Theodor Spas (Paternal Grandfather), Nadia Spas (Paternal Grandmother)
Taissa Farmiga is represented by New York-based Anonymous Content (Talent Management Company).
5 ft 6¼ in or 168 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Taissa Farmiga has dated –
- Evan Peters (2014) – In 2014, Taissa was linked with actor Evan Peters. It was reported that they had grown extremely close while working on the TV series, American Horror Story: Coven.
- Hadley Klein (2014-Present) – Taissa started dating screenwriter and director, Hadley Klein in 2014. He made their relationship public by sharing a picture of them together on his Instagram account in October 2014. They prefer to keep their relationship out of the public eye, which has often led to speculation that they might have separated. But she posted a picture of them holding hands in May 2018 on her Instagram to pull all such speculation to bed.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Ukrainian ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She has also given ‘blonde’ highlights a try.
In December 2012, Taissa Farmiga did modeling work for Jason Wu‘s clothing line. The adverts were featured in the Teen Vogue.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Violet Harmon in the horror thriller TV series, American Horror Story: Murder House. She was then cast in the role of Zoe Benson in American Horror Story: Coven. She has made appearances in both roles in Roanoke and Apocalypse series of American Horror Story franchise.
- Having played the lead role in the comedy movie, The Final Girls, which also had actresses, Malin Akerman and Nina Dobrev in important roles
- Being cast in the lead role of Sister Irene in the horror movie, The Nun (2018)
In 2011, she made her theatrical film debut in a minor role in the drama movie, Higher Ground. The movie was her older sister Vera Farmiga’s directorial debut. She was asked to play the younger version of her sister’s role.
First TV Show
In 2011, Taissa Farmiga made her first TV show appearance on the horror thriller series, American Horror Story: Murder House.
Taissa Farmiga Favorite Things
- Outdoor Activity – Hiking and Snowboarding
- Movies – Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1986), Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004), Black Swan (2010), Inception (2010)
Source – IMDb
Taissa Farmiga Facts
- Initially, she had no intentions of becoming an actress and instead, wanted to become an accountant. She was looking for universities when she was cast in Higher Ground.
- She was persuaded to appear in Higher Ground by her sister Vera Farmiga, who had offered Taissa a 2004 Toyota Tacoma pick-up truck if she agreed to work in the movie.
- The first ever audition she did was for her role in American Horror Story and she managed to ace it in a single go.
- In her free time, she loves to play guitar.
- She also considers herself an expert in making origami cranes.
- When she was born, her mother was 45 years old. While her father had crossed the mark of 51 years.
- Her solid performance in Higher Ground helped her get a representation contract from the prestigious talent agency, ICM Partners.
- In 2016, she made her stage debut with the Off-Broadway revival of Sam Shepard’s drama Buried Child. She was cast in an important role of Shelly.
- Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Taissa Farmiga / Instagram