|Asha Bhat Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||September 5, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Asha Bhat is an Indian model, actress, and beauty pageant contestant who had come into the spotlight in 2014 when she had become the first Indian to win the Miss Supranational pageant, an annual international female beauty pageant that was started in 2009. At the event, she had also won the ‘Best in Talent’ award and was the runner-up in the ‘Best National Costume’ competition. Earlier that year, she had participated in Miss Diva 2014, the second edition of Miss Diva, an event that is a part of the Femina Miss India pageant that primarily selects India’s representatives to Miss Universe, one of the ‘Big Four’ major international beauty pageants. There, she had won the Miss Diva Supranational 2014 title which had qualified her to participate in the Miss Supranational 2014 pageant. She had also won the ‘Miss Congeniality’, ‘Miss Beautiful Smile’, and ‘Miss Fascinating’ awards at the event. Asha has acted in the 2019 Hindi-language action-adventure film Junglee and the 2021 Kannada-language action thriller film Roberrt.
Bhadravati, Shivamogga, Karnataka, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Asha had attended the Saint Charles English High School in her hometown of Bhadravati. After her high school graduation, she had pursued her pre-university education at Alva’s PU College in Vidyagiri, Moodabidri, Karnataka.
Thereafter, she had joined the Rashtriya Vidyalaya College of Engineering (RVCE), an autonomous private technical co-educational college in Bengaluru, Karnataka. She had graduated from there with a bachelor’s degree in electronic engineering.
Model, Actress, Beauty Pageant Contestant
- Father – Subrahmanya Bhat (Medical Laboratory Technician)
- Mother – Shyamala Bhat (Medical Laboratory Technician)
- Siblings – Akshatha Bhat (Older Sister) (Pediatrician)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Gleaming face
Asha Bhat Facts
- While she was studying at Alva’s PU College, Asha had enrolled for the National Cadet Corps (NCC), the youth wing of the Indian Armed Forces that is open to school and college students on a voluntary basis as a tri-Services organization. During her time there, she had been selected to participate in the Republic Day Camp, which is held at Garrison Parade Ground, Delhi Cantt, each year from January 1 to January 29. More than 2,000 NCC cadets selected from all over India attend the camp.
- She was also a member of the 2009 NCC delegation from SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation, a regional intergovernmental organization and geopolitical union of South Asian states that include Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka) nations that had visited Sri Lanka’s military academy and had won the all-rounder award which was presented by the then president of Sri Lanka, Mahinda Rajapaksa.
- At the Miss Supranational 2014 pageant, her attire for the ‘national costume’ competition was designed by internationally acclaimed fashion designer and beauty pageant mentor Melvyn Noronha.
- In May 2015, she had co-judged the grand finale of Miss Grand Thailand and had crowned the winner of the event.
- In parallel with her acting and modeling career, she runs an NGO named the Astra Foundation.
Featured Image by Asha Bhat / Instagram