|Rahat Fateh Ali Khan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||December 9, 1974|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rahat Fateh Ali Khan is a Pakistani singer and musician who has become one of the most celebrated and highest-paid singers in Pakistan. He has also gained fame as a playback singer in Hindi cinema and the Pakistan film industry. Some of his popular tracks from Indian films include Mann Ki Lagan from Paap (2003), Jiya Dhadak Dhadak from Kalyug (2005), Bol Na Halke Halke from Jhoom Barabar Jhoom (2007), Jag Soona Soona Lage from Om Shanti Om (2007), Main Jahaan Rahoon (with Krishna Beura) from Namaste London (2007), O Re Piya from Aaja Nachle (2007), Teri Ore (with Shreya Ghoshal) from Singh Is Kinng (2008), Haal-E-Dil from Haal–e–dil (2008), Ajj Din Chadheya from Love Aaj Kal (2009), Rishte Nate from De Dana Dan (2009), Surili Akhiyon Wale from Veer (2010), Sajda from My Name Is Khan (2010), Dil To Bachcha Hai Ji from Ishqiya (2010), Mein Tenu Samjhawan from Virsa (2010), Bahara from I Hate Luv Storys (2010), Tum Jo Aaye from Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai (2010), Ankhon Mein Neendein from We Are Family (2010), Tere Mast Mast Do Nain from Dabangg (2010), Aas Pass Khuda from Anjaana Anjaani (2010), Chadha De Rang from Yamla Pagla Deewana (2011), Teri Meri from Bodyguard (2011), Nazar Se Nazar Na mile from Miley Naa Miley Hum (2011), Akhiyan from Mirza The Untold Story (2012), Tera Deedar Hua from Jannat 2 (2012), Dagabaaz Re from Dabangg 2 (2012), Jag Ghoomeya from Sultan (2016), and Sanu Ek Pal Chain from Raid (2018).
Rahat Fateh Ali Khan
Faisalabad, Punjab, Pakistan
Rahat Fateh Ali Khan received training from his uncle Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan in the art of singing Qawwali.
- Father – Farrukh Fateh Ali Khan (December 25, 1952 – September 7, 2003) (Musician) (also known as “Harmonium Raja Sahib” (King of the Harmonium))
- Others – Fateh Ali Khan Jullundhri Qawwal (1901-1964) (Paternal Grandfather) (Musician, Qawwali Singer), Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan (b. Pervez Fateh Ali Khan) (October 13, 1948 – August 16, 1997) (Paternal Uncle) (Singer, Songwriter, Music Director)
Qawwali, Ghazal, Sufi, Filmi, Classical
T-Series, Sony Music, Universal Music, YRF Music, Coke Studio
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rahat Fateh Ali Khan has dated –
- Nida Rahat – He is married to Nida Rahat and the duo has a son named Shazmaan Khan.
Race / Ethnicity
Rahat Fateh Ali Khan is of Punjabi descent.
Rahat Fateh Ali Khan Facts
- He comes from a family of Qawwals and classical singers.
- He got inclined toward music at a very young age.
- At the age of 9, Rahat Fateh Ali Khan gave his first public performance at the death anniversary of his grandfather.
- As a playback singer, he made his Bollywood debut with the song Mann Ki Lagan in the 2003 crime-thriller film Paap.
- Rahat Fateh Ali Khan was invited to the concert at the 2014 Nobel Peace Prize ceremony and thus became the first Pakistani to perform at any Nobel Prize concert. He went on to perform popular Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan qawwalis Tumhe Dillagi and Mast Qalandar.
- He has won many accolades including the Filmfare Award, Lux Style Award, UK Asian Music Award, ARY Film Award, and Hum Award.
- In 2016, he appeared in MTV Unplugged (India).
- Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan’s daughter stated in 2018 that she intended to take legal action against copyright infringement of singers who sing her father’s songs. Replying to it, Rahat stated that he was the adopted successor of Nusrat and doesn’t need anyone’s permission to sing his songs.
- Rahat Fateh Ali Khan was accused of smuggling foreign currency and summoned by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) of the Government of India in January 2019.
Featured Image by Laura Lee Dooley / Flickr / CC BY 2.0