|Neha Kakkar Quick Info|
|Height||4 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||June 6, 1988|
Neha Kakkar is an Indian singer, television personality, judge, and dancer who started performing at the age of 4 and then went on to participate in the 2nd season of the singing reality show, Indian Idol. Despite getting eliminated early on the show, she did not deter from her pursuits and eventually released a number of popular tracks including Second Hand Jawani, Dhating Nach, Sunny Sunny, London Thumakda, Manali Trance, Tukur Tukur, Kala Chashma, Badri Ki Dulhania, Main Tera Boyfriend, Aankh Maarey, Coca Cola, Chamma Chamma, Nehu Da Vyah, Ex Calling, Khyaal Rakhya Kar, O Saki Saki, and Kar Gayi Chull. She became the first Indian singer to win a YouTube Diamond Award in January 2021 and was also included among the most viewed female artists on YouTube with 4.2 billion views in 2019.
Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Neha Kakkar went to the New Holy Public School in New Delhi.
Singer, Television Personality, Judge, Dancer
- Father – Rishikesh Kakkar
- Mother – Niti Kakkar
- Siblings – Sonu Kakkar (Older Sister) (Singer), Tony Kakkar (Older Brother) (Music Composer)
Neha is managed by Kushal Sampat.
Bollywood, Pop, Dance, Filmi
- Zee Music Company
- Sony Music India
- Desi Music Factory
- Tips Industries
4 ft 10 in or 147 cm
44 kg or 97 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Neha Kakkar has dated –
- Himansh Kohli (2014-2018) – For about 4 years, Neha dated actor Himansh Kohli.
- Aditya Narayan (2019-2020) – Rumor
- Rohanpreet Singh – After Neha posted a video (lip-syncing ‘Diamond Da Challa’) on her Instagram with singer Rohanpreet Singh in September 2020, fans started assuming that the two are getting married which later happened on October 24, 2020. They got married in a gurdwara in Delhi. Rohanpreet is the first runner-up in the second season of the music reality show, India’s Rising Star. In December 2020, there were pregnancy rumors as well.
Race / Ethnicity
- Curly hair
- Short Stature
- Wide dimpled smile
Best Known For
- Having lent her voice to a number of hit Bollywood songs such as Kala Chashma, Dhating Naach, Manali Trance, and London Thumakda.
- Her strong presence on various social media platforms. She has more than 47 million followers on Instagram and more than 23 million followers on Facebook. She also has more than 12 million subscribers on YouTube.
- Having appeared in various comedy sketch shows such as Comedy Classes, Comedy Nights Bachao, and Comedy Nights Live, and Indian Idol.
In 2008, she released her debut studio album, Neha The Rock Star, which was composed by Meet Brothers.
In 2010, she made her theatrical film debut in the comedy romance movie, Isi Life Mein…!
First TV Show
In 2006, Neha Kakkar made her first TV show appearance as a contestant on the music competition show, Indian Idol.
Neha Kakkar Favorite Things
- Food – Dal Makhani and Lachha Paratha
- Singers – Arijit Singh, Shreya Ghoshal, Sunidhi Chauhan, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Sukhwinder Singh, Kavitha Krishnamurthy, Honey Singh
- Actress – Alia Bhatt
Source – Twitter, The Hindu, Wikipedia
Neha Kakkar Facts
- When she participated in the second season of Indian Idol, she was studying in the 11th class.
- She got into music at a very young age and had started singing at the age of 4.
- She became a viral hit after she sang and wrote a song dedicated to Bollywood legend Shahrukh Khan.
- Neha has served as a judge on various reality TV shows such as Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs and The Voice India Kids.
- She calls her fans ‘NeHearts’.
- She has struggled with depression and shared an alarming post on Instagram about “depression” and “thinking of ending her life” in August 2019.
- She was included in the list of Asia’s 100 Digital Stars by Forbes in December 2020.
- In 2020, she was honored as “Mirchi Social Media Icon of the Year” at the 15th Mirchi Music Awards.
- Outside the country, some of her musical influences include John Mayer, Demi Lovato, and Ariana Grande.
- In September 2022, Neha was embroiled in a controversy due to her song “O Sajna” which is actually a remixed version of Falguni Pathak‘s Maine Payal Hai Chhankai released in 1999. Fans didn’t like Kakkar’s version.
- Visit her official website @ nehakakkar.com.
Featured Image by Neha Kakkar / Instagram