|Angie Stone Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 18, 1961|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Angie Stone is an American singer, songwriter, actor, theatre actor, musician, and record producer who rose to fame in the late 1970s as a member of the hip hop trio The Sequence. As a solo artist, she has released albums like The Art of Love & War, Full Circle, Black Diamond, Covered in Soul, Dream, Mahogany Soul, Unexpected, Rich Girl, and Stone Love. In addition to that, Stone has also been cast in several shows and movies such as The Fighting Temptations, The Wonder Girls, The Hot Chick, To Love The Soul Of A Woman, Pastor Brown, A Cross to Bear, School Gyrls, One on One, Girlfriends, R&B Divas: Atlanta, Lincoln Heights, Moesha, and Celebrity Wife Swap. At 2021 Black Music Honors, Angie Stone received the “Soul Music Icon Award”.
Angela Laverne Brown
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Musician, Record Producer, Theatre Actor
- Father – He was a member of a local gospel quartet.
- Mother – Iona Williams
Angie Stone has been signed with U Can Fly, Co, Talent Management Company, North Hollywood, California, United States.
R&B, Soul, Neo Soul
Arista Records, Stax Records, J Records, Cleopatra Records
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth had been $3 Million.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Angie Stone has dated –
- Maurice White – It was RUMORed that Angie Stone once had an affair with Maurice White, the founder, leader, main songwriter, and producer of the band Earth, Wind & Fire.
- Rodney Stone (also known as Lil’ Rodney C!) – She was previously married to Rodney Stone and they were blessed with a daughter named Diamond Stone in 1984.
- D’Angelo – Angie Stone was romantically involved with singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and record producer D’Angelo in the 1990s. Their son, Michael D’Angelo Archer II, was born in 1998.
- Ashanti Graves – She has also dated Ashanti Graves.
Race / Ethnicity
Angie Stone Facts
- She started singing gospel music at First Nazareth Baptist Church, under the leadership of Reverend Blakely N. Scott.
- On September 27, 1999, Angie Stone released her debut studio album titled Black Diamond via Arista Records. It is named after Stone’s then-teenaged daughter Diamond Ti’ara. The album peaked at number #4 on the UK R&B Albums (OCC) chart and at number #9 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart.
- Black Diamond was certified ‘Gold’ by the United States (RIAA), United Kingdom (BPI), and Netherlands (NVPI).
- In 1999, Stone was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes.
- She has been a part of the F.A.C.E Diabetes (Fearless African-Americans Connected and Empowered) program sponsored by Eli Lilly. It helps African Americans understand their risk for the disease and how to control it.
- Angie Stone made her first theatrical film appearance as Madame Mambuza, a woman who runs an African store at the mall where the magic earrings are held, in the 2002 fantasy teen comedy film The Hot Chick.
- In November 2002, she played Darla Mason in an episode titled Blinded by the Lights of the sitcom Girlfriends.
- She was cast as Alma in the 2003 musical comedy film The Fighting Temptations.
- Reportedly, Angie Stone was arrested for assaulting her 30-year-old daughter in March 2015.
- As a theatre artist, she has been cast in productions like Chicago, Loving Him is Killing Me, and Love Lies.
- She has been friends with Trina Braxton.
Featured Image by Bengt Nyman / Flickr / CC BY 2.0