Jiaganj, Murshidabad, West Bengal, India
Andheri, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Arijit completed his schooling from Raja Bijay Singh High School and went on to complete his college education at Sripat Singh College, a University of Kalyani affiliate. He trained in Indian classical music under the scholarship he acquired from the government.
Singer, Music Composer, Music Programmer, Music Producer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – His mother is a singer.
- Siblings – He has a sister.
Arijit is represented by TM Talent Management.
Playback Singing, Filmi, Pop, EDM, Ghazal, Classical
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Tabla
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Arijit Singh has dated –
- Koyel Roy (2014-Present) – Arijit tied the knot with his childhood friend Koyel at Trapith Temple in West Bengal on January 21, 2014. The wedding was an intimate affair with only close family and relatives present. They have 2 sons.
- Arijit was also married earlier to one of the contestants he met at a reality show. The union did not last, and the two decided to separate and eventually divorce.
Race / Ethnicity
Arijit has Punjabi ancestry on his father’s side and Bengali ancestry on his mother’s side.
- His smile
- Curly hair
- Usually seen with a beard
- His grainy and raw voice
Arijit has lent his voice to the following commercials
- Hero Splendor
Best Known For
His versatility and his singing in the Indian cinema.
As a Singer
- Arijit Singh made his debut as a singer with the Bengali movie Egaro: The Immortal XI in 2011 and lent his vocals for the background score.
- His first song in a Bollywood movie was Phir Mohabbat in the 2011 film Murder 2.
Arijit has not made his theatrical film debut yet as an actor.
First TV Show
Arijit made his television show debut as a contestant on the reality show Fame Gurukul in 2005.
Arijit prefers to play any sport to keep himself fit.
His usual diet is as follows –
- Breakfast – Home-made food
- Lunch – Dal, Sabzi, and Roti
- Evening Snack – Health Drink
- Dinner – Soup and a very light meal with 1 Roti
Arijit Singh Favorite Things
- Fruits – Oranges, Apples
- Desserts – Ice-creams
- Restaurant – Food Inn
- Dish – Home-made food
- Genre – Folk Music
- Song – Phir Le Aaya Dil
- Cricket Players – Sachin Tendulkar, Lance Klusener, and Jonty Rhodes
- Singers – Lata Mangeshkar, Mohammed Rafi, Coldplay
- Footballers – Lionel Messi, Thomas Muller
- Badminton Player – Saina Nehwal
- Music Directors – Pritam Chakraborty, Vishal-Shekhar, Shankar-Ehsan-Loy, Amit Trivedi, Mithun Sharma, AR Rahman, Sajid-Wajid
Arijit Singh Facts
- He admits to being very media shy.
- His hobbies include cycling and photography.
- He is fond of reading Bengali novels and short stories.
- Arijit was fond of listening to Mozart, Beethoven, and Bengali classical music when he was young.
- He is a philanthropist and also owns an NGO named Let There Be Light.
- Follow Arijit on Facebook and Instagram.
Featured Image by Arijit Singh / Instagram