|Ivy Queen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||March 4, 1972|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ivy Queen is a Puerto Rican singer, rapper, songwriter, musician, actor, voice artist, and television personality who is regarded as one of the pioneers of the reggaeton genre. Often referred to as the Queen of Reggaeton, she has released a number of albums and tracks such as En Mi Imperio, Real, Diva, Vendetta, The Original Rude Girl, Drama Queen, Sé Qué Tú Quieres, Sentimiento, Musa, Pongan Atención, Como Mujer, In The Zone (ft. Wyclef Jean), Papi Te Quiero, Tu No Puedes, Menor Que Yo, Rociarlos (ft. Héctor el Father and Gran Omar), La Vida Es Así, Peligro De Extinción, Ámame o Mátame, El Lobo Del Cuento, Pa’l Frente y Pa’Trás, Ya Te Olvidé (with Arthur Hanlon), Te Sirvo De Abrigo (ft. Farruko), and Te He Querido, Te He Llorado. Ivy Queen has been a recipient of various accolades inducing the Billboard Latin Music Award, Latin Grammy Award, Billboard Women in Music Award, Premios Juventud, Megaton Award, International Reggae and World Music Award, and GLAAD Media Award.
Martha Ivelisse Pesante Rodríguez
Ivy Queen, The Queen of Reggaeton, La Diva, La Caballota, La Potra, La Cocorota, La Mama de los Pollitos
Añasco, Puerto Rico
Ivy Queen did not complete her high school education but has stated that she graduated from the Academy “Street” with a Bachelor of Life and honors. She went on to study music at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC), one of the largest performing arts centers in the United States.
Singer, Rapper, Songwriter, Musician, Actor, Voice Artist, Television Personality
- Father – He died of pulmonary cancer in June 2016.
Ivy Queen has been managed by Jorge Guadalupe.
Hip hop, Latin, Reggaetón
Sony Discos, Real, Universal Latino, Univision Music Group, Drama, Machete Music, Siente, Ivy Queen Musa Sound
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, she has a net worth of $10 Million.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ivy Queen has dated –
- Omar Navarro (1994-2005) – She got married to fellow reggaeton singer Omar Navarro (known by his stage name Gran Omar) in 1994. The marriage ended in divorce in 2005 and it was speculated that Omar had been unfaithful to her. However, Ivy Queen stated that she never found Omar in the act of adultery as well as said that she had not physically assaulted Omar’s alleged mistress.
- DJ Urba (2006-2007) – She was romantically involved with reggaeton producer DJ Urba from mid-2006 to 2007.
- Vin Diesel (2010) – In 2010, it was RUMORed that Ivy Queen had an affair with American actor and film producer Vin Diesel after she invited him to attend the 2010 Premios Juventud. However, Ivy later told Escándalo TV that they were just good friends.
- Xavier Sánchez (2012-Present) – She married her 2nd husband Xavier Sánchez in 2012 and it was announced in June 2013 that they were expecting their first child. At the Calibash 2013 concert headlined by R&B singer Chris Brown, she revealed her baby bump. On November 25, 2013, the duo was blessed with a daughter named Naiovy Kháli Star Sánchez.
Note – Before becoming pregnant with her child, she had already adopted 2 Latino children.
Race / Ethnicity
She has often dyed her hair.
Ivy Queen Facts
- Her parents shifted from Puerto Rice to New York, United States when Ivy was young and she was subsequently raised in New York.
- On September 2, 1997, Ivy Queen released her debut album En Mi Imperio (English: In My Empire) and it includes songs like Lord Had Mercy, Como Mujer, Pongan Atención, and Échate Para Atrás.
- She did voiceover work for the video game Scarface: The World Is Yours in 2006.
- Ivy Queen does not drink alcohol.
Featured Image by Lunchbox LP / Flickr / CC BY 2.0