|Lauren Wasser Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||March 2, 1988|
Lauren Wasser is an American professional editorial and runway model whose near-death story that was caused by the toxic shock syndrome spread like wild-fire across the internet. Today, she is acknowledged not only for her beauty but for the confidence she displays while walking ramps for various well-known brands and designers using golden colored prosthetic legs.
California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
- Mother – Pamela Cook (Former Model)
- Siblings – Christian Wasser (Younger Brother)
Lauren Wasser is represented by Olivia of Slash Agency.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Sports a pair of golden-colored prosthetic legs
- Beautiful eyes
Through her social media, she has either endorsed or promoted various brands including H&M and Marc Jacobs.
Lauren Wasser Facts
- Modeling was in her genes as both of her parents were from the same profession.
- Lauren was only 2 months old when she was featured in an editorial of the Italian Vogue alongside her mother.
- Growing up, she was very good at sports especially basketball due to her towering frame. Lauren was also offered a division I school basketball scholarship. However, she chose to opt for a career in modeling instead.
- In 2012, Lauren developed a rare condition called toxic shock syndrome after having contracted the staphylococcus aureus bacteria due to the use of a contaminated tampon during her period. The disease caused her to sustain organ failure, a heart attack, extremely high fever, and an unstable blood pressure level due to which she had to be into a medically induced coma.
- In order to avert the spread of gangrene in her vital organs, the doctors amputated her left leg. However, in 2018, her right leg was also amputated.
- With the use of her prosthetic leg, Lauren made her runway debut at a New York Fashion Week in the past.
- She has 2 pet dogs named Lloyd Leroy Jr. and Luna Bear Baby.
- Besides Ethiopian model Liya Kebede, she was one of the other models who were featured in the Kenneth Cole campaign.
- She was featured on Forbes‘s “30 Under 30” list in the category of Art & Style 2018.
Featured Image By Lauren Wasser / Instagram