|Charlotte Church Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 21, 1986|
Charlotte Church is a Welsh singer, actress, and television presenter who has sold more than 10 million records of her albums across the globe. She has also worked extensively on television and hosted the entertainment talk show titled The Charlotte Church Show (2006-2008), for which she won the “Best Female Comedy Newcomer” award at the 2006 British Comedy Awards. Charlotte is the founder of The Awen Project, a school in the city of Cardiff.
Charlotte Maria Reed
The Voice of an Angel, Opera Star
Llandaff, Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
She splits her time between Cardiff, Wales and London, England in the United Kingdom.
Charlotte studied at The Cathedral School, Llandaff and then received a vocal scholarship to Howell’s School Llandaff in Cardiff. She left school at the age of 16 to pursue a career in music.
Singer, Songwriter, Actress, TV Presenter
- Father – Stephen Reed
- Mother – Maria Reed
- Others – James Church (Step-Father), Elisha Church (Step-Sister), Andrew Church (Step-Brother), Luke Reed (Half-Brother), Caroline Cooper (Aunt), Arthur Cooper (Maternal Great-Grandfather)
She is represented by –
- Alun Llwyd, Turnstile Music, Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
- Sharron Elkabas, Booking Agent, MN2S Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
Pop, Indie Rock, Indie Pop, Alternative Rock, Classical, Classical Crossover, Operatic Pop, Celtic Monta
- Sony Music Entertainment
- Power Amp Music
- Alligator Wine Records
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Charlotte has dated –
- Steven Johnson (2002–2003)
- Gavin Henson (2005-2010) – Charlotte started dating Welsh Rugby player Gavin Henson in 2005. They got engaged in April 2010 but got separated 6 weeks later. They have 2 children together, a daughter named Ruby Megan Henson (b. September 20, 2007) and a son named Dexter Lloyd Henson (b. January 11, 2009).
- Jonathan Powell (2010-Present) – Charlotte started dating musician Jonathan Powell soon after her breakup with Gavin in 2010. They got married on October 4, 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Welsh descent.
- Charming smile
- Short, neck-length hair
- Radiant face
Charlotte has appeared in the TV commercials for –
- Target Stores
- Virgin Holidays
- Walkers Sensations crisps “Irresistible”
Charlotte Church Favorite Things
- Singers – Gloria Estefan, India Arie, Musiq Soulchild, Jill Scott, Nikka Costa, Laura Nyro, Ricki Lee Jones
- Music Bands – Manic Street Preachers, Silverchair, Sugababes
Source – TheQuietus.com
Charlotte Church Facts
- Charlotte’s breakthrough came at the early age of 11 when she sang iconic British composer Andrew Lloyd Webber’s hymn Pie Jesu over the telephone on the British daytime TV show This Morning.
- Her voice became so popular that she was asked to perform at media mogul Rupert Murdoch’s 1999 wedding to Wendi Deng. This subsequently paved the way for her to perform at concerts at the Cardiff Arms Park and the Royal Albert Hall, as a teenager.
- Her first album titled Voice of an Angel (1998) peaked at No. 1 in the British classical crossover charts which made her the youngest artist to achieve this feat.
- In 2007, she was named Patron by the British charitable organization The Topsy Foundation UK which works for raising awareness about HIV in rural South Africa.
- In 2012, Charlotte alleged that she was one among several celebrities affected by the infamous “News International phone-hacking scandal”. She alleged that 33 stories about her had appeared in News International’s publications as a direct result of illegal hacking of her voicemail. She was paid 600k pounds in damages and legal costs.
- Charlotte delivered the 2013 John Peel Lecture at The Lowry Theatre in Salford, Manchester. She utilized the opportunity to criticize the culture of s*xism prevalent in the music industry which she felt often pressurizes female artists to project a raunchy image of themselves.
- In 2015, she performed the song This Bitter Earth which was part of a month-long protest against the oil company Shell‘s proposed petroleum exploration in the Arctic Sea.
- In 2018, she featured in the BBC documentary titled Charlotte Church: Inside My Brain where she discussed issues related to mental health and the research being done in the field.
- Charlotte has released 2 autobiographies. The first one, titled Voice of an Angel (My Life So Far), was released in 2000 when she was just 14 years old. Her 2nd autobiography was released in 2007 and was titled Keep Smiling.
Featured Image by Mike Hughes / Flickr / CC BY-2.0