|Richard Coyle Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||February 6, 1974|
Richard Coyle is a talented English actor. He is known for his roles in The Collection, Covert Affairs, The Whistleblowers, Life of Crime, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coupling, Strange, Blight, A Good Year, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, 5 Days of War, and Outpost: Black Sun. He studied acting in the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School. Richard has a growing fan base of more than 100k followers on Instagram.
Sheffield, Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Richard Coyle attended the University of York and graduated in Languages and Philosophy in 1995. Later, he joined the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School and graduated in 1998.
- Father – He was a builder.
- Siblings – He has 1 younger and 3 older brothers.
Richard Coyle is managed by –
- Industry Entertainment Productions, LLC, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Troika, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Richard Coyle has dated –
- Georgia Mackenzie – In 2003, he got married to British actress Georgia Mackenzie. They met on the sets of Up Rising (1999). The couple had a daughter together named Purdy Coyle (b. 2008). However, they separated in 2010.
- Ruth Bradley (2011-2017) – From 2011, he had been in a relationship with actress Ruth Bradley. They starred together in the horror sci-fi film Grabbers (2012). They parted ways in 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
He often tends to dye his hair ‘black’.
- Curly hair
- Slender jawline
Best Known For
His versatile roles in films and TV series including The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina as Father Blackwood, Coupling (2000–2002) as Jeffrey Murdock, Strange (2002–2003) as John Strange, Crossbones (2014) as Tom Lowe, A.D. The Bible Continues (2015) as Caiaphas, A Good Year (2006) as Amis, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010) as Tus, 5 Days of War (2011) as Sebastian Ganz, W.E. (2011) as William, and Grabbers (2012) as Garda Ciarán O’Shea
In 1996, he made his theatrical film debut in the romantic drama film Jane Eyre as an extra. However, he was uncredited for his role.
In 1998, he made his formal theatrical film debut in the comedy romance film What Rats Won’t Do as Journalist.
First TV Show
In 1998, he made his first TV show appearance on the crime-drama series Hetty Wainthropp Investigates as Dr. Miles Miller.
Richard Coyle Facts
- He grew up in a mining town.
- He first became interested in acting while studying at the university.
- As an enthusiastic actor, he traveled to the Edinburgh festival.
- While at the Old Vic Theatre, he wrote to everyone that came to his mind (including Paul McCartney) to support his tuition fund. Richard eventually landed the first film role that helped him fund his fees.
- His first line in a film was “Mr. Rochester, your house is on fire, sir,” from a Jane Eyre adaption.
- He has narrated audiobooks including At The Mountains of Madness and The Shadow Over Innsmouth by H. P. Lovecraft, Resistance by Owen Sheers, and the H.I.V.E. series of novels by Mark Walden.
- He is attracted towards dark, twisted, and slightly sinister characters.
- Follow him on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Richard Coyle / Instagram