Holly Brook Hafermann
Holly Brook, Skylar Grey
Mazomanie, Wisconsin, USA
While growing up, she didn’t pay much attention to studies as she was busy in music. She knew that she wanted to be a singer since the age of 6.
Now, she shows her desire to learn about American literature.
Though, she is a high school dropout.
- Father – Gene Roger Hafermann
- Mother – Candace Krietlow
- Siblings – Tiffany Hafermann (Sister)
Skylar Grey is signed to these agencies –
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA)
- Mandel Music Group
Pop, Alternative Rock
Vocals, piano, guitar
KidinaKorner, Interscope Records, Machine Shop, Warner Bros.
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
She has dated –
Race / Ethnicity
She has naturally ‘Dirty Blonde’ hair.
But, Grey has dyed her hair ‘Brown.’
33-25-32 in or 84-63.5-81 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
She has appeared in commercial on Beats by Dre,
Her one of the songs was featured in a Budweiser commercial.
She has not talked about her religious beliefs publicly.
Best Known For
Her single “C’mon Let Me Ride” and others.
She is also known for the Sean Combs‘s “Coming Home” single in which she was a featured artist.
Her debut album was Like Blood Like Honey, which was released on June 6, 2006 in U.S. via Warner Bros. Records.
The standard version of the album consists of 11 singles giving it a total length of about 47 minutes. The album reached #35 in Billboard ’s Heatseekers Albums list.
She appeared as herself in the 2014 film Lennon or McCartney.
First TV Show
In 2011, Skylar guest appeared as herself in the comedy series Tosh.0 in an episode entitled “Eli Porter.”
Her workout routine and diet plan is not known.
Skylar Grey Favorite Things
- Color – Gray
- Album – Bon Iver, Bon Iver
- Movies – The Deer Hunter (1978), Into The Wild (2007)
- Venue – Hammerstein Ballroom in Manhattan, NYC
Source – Hollowverse, BMI
Skylar Grey Facts
- As a child, she was a part of the folk duo called Generations with her mother.
- At the age of 15, she started her first band.
- She got to work with jazz musicians such as Jeff Eckles, Leo Sidran, and Tim Whalen even before she hit 15.
- Grey relocated to Los Angeles in 2003 and went with the stage name “Holly Brook” for many years.
- Since the age of 6, she knew what she wanted to become.
- She dislikes the ‘history’ subject.
- She was active in gymnastics in high school.
- While writing the songs, she never does rewriting in a song (or make some corrections). However, if she gets stuck while writing a song, she sometimes leave the paper there and pick it up a year later to see if she can now write that.
- In 2011, she appeared in the music video of I Need A Doctor by Dr. Dre.
- Skylar has said that she is not a very feminine person.
- She has several tattoos on her body.
- Visit her official website @ www.skylargreymusic.com.
- Hear more from Skylar on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube VEVO, Instagram, iTunes, Tumblr, MySpace, Google+.