|Skylar Grey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4½ in|
|Date of Birth||February 23, 1986|
Skylar Grey is an American singer, songwriter, and record producer who has released various albums, extended plays, and tracks like Natural Causes, Like Blood Like Honey, Make It Through the Day, Angel with Tattoos, Wear Me Out, Words, Everything I Need, Kill for You (ft. Eminem), Calling from the Heavens, Cannonball (ft. X Ambassadors), The Devil Made Me Do It (with B.o.B), and Sunscreen. Over the years, she has also written songs for celebrated artists like Kehlani, G-Eazy, Alicia Keys, Christina Aguilera, Zedd, Nick Jonas, Céline Dion, and CeeLo Green.
Holly Brook Hafermann
Holly Brook, Skylar Grey
Mazomanie, Wisconsin, United States
While growing up, she didn’t pay much attention to her studies as she was busy with music. She knew that she wanted to be a singer since the age of 6.
Now, she shows her desire to learn about American literature.
Though, she is a high school dropout.
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
- Father – Gene Roger Hafermann
- Mother – Candace Krietlow
- Siblings – Tiffany Hafermann (Sister)
- Others – Earl William Hafermann (Paternal Grandfather), Florence Esther Berg (Paternal Grandmother), Burton William Kreitlow (Maternal Grandfather), Doris Josephine Ounsworth (Maternal Grandmother)
Skylar Grey has been signed to these agencies –
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA)
- Mandel Music Group
- Crush Music Media Management, Inc., Music Artist Management Company, New York City, New York, United States
Pop, Alternative Rock, Hip Hop, Rock, Electronic, Pop Rock
Vocals, Piano, Guitar, Lap Dulcimer
KidinaKorner, Interscope Records, Machine Shop, Warner Bros.
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
She has dated –
Race / Ethnicity
Skylar Grey is of German, English, Swedish, and Scottish descent.
She has naturally ‘Dirty Blonde’ hair.
But, Grey has dyed her hair ‘Brown.’
33-25-32 in or 84-63.5-81 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
7 (US) or 4.5 (UK) or 37.5 (EU)
She has appeared in a commercial on Beats by Dre.
One of her songs was featured in a Budweiser commercial.
Best Known For
Her single “C’mon Let Me Ride” and others.
She is also known for Sean Combs‘s “Coming Home” single in which she was a featured artist.
Her debut album was Like Blood Like Honey, which was released on June 6, 2006, in the U.S. via Warner Bros. Records.
The standard version of the album consists of 11 singles giving it a total length of about 47 minutes. The album reached #35 in Billboard’s Heatseekers Albums list.
She appeared as herself in the 2014 film Lennon or McCartney.
First TV Show
In 2011, Skylar guest appeared as herself in the comedy series Tosh.0 in an episode entitled “Eli Porter.”
Skylar Grey Favorite Things
- Color – Gray
- Album – Bon Iver, Bon Iver
- Movies – The Deer Hunter (1978), Into The Wild (2007)
- Venue – Hammerstein Ballroom in Manhattan, NYC
Source – Hollowverse, BMI
Skylar Grey Facts
- As a child, she was a part of the folk duo called Generations with her mother.
- At the age of 15, she started her first band.
- She got to work with jazz musicians such as Jeff Eckles, Leo Sidran, and Tim Whalen even before she hit 15.
- Grey relocated to Los Angeles in 2003 and went with the stage name “Holly Brook” for many years.
- Since the age of 6, she knew what she wanted to become.
- She dislikes the ‘history’ subject.
- She was active in gymnastics in high school.
- Some of her influences include Bon Iver, Fleetwood Mac, James Taylor, Shirley Manson of Garbage, Joni Mitchell, Radiohead, Marilyn Manson, Bob Dylan, Fiona Apple, Neil Young, Sarah McLachlan, Eminem, Death Cab for Cutie, and Alana Davis.
- While writing the songs, she never does rewrite a song (or make some corrections). However, if she gets stuck while writing a song, she sometimes leaves the paper there and picks it up a year later to see if she can then write that.
- In 2011, she appeared in the music video of I Need A Doctor by Dr. Dre.
- Skylar has said that she is not a very feminine person.
- Explaining her stage name, she once said that it “represents the unknowns in life. People seem to be afraid of the unknowns, but I’m the complete opposite. I dive into the unknown because I feel like that’s where all your possibilities come from.”
- She has several tattoos on her body.
- Visit her official website @ www.skylargreymusic.com.
- Hear more from Skylar on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube VEVO, Instagram, iTunes, Tumblr, MySpace, Google+.