|Kehlani Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||April 24, 1995|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kehlani is an American singer, songwriter, and dancer who gained popularity as a member of the teen group Poplyfe. She has released several albums, tracks, and mixtapes such as You Should Be Here, It Was Good Until It Wasn’t, SweetSexySavage, While We Wait, Distraction, Nights Like This (ft. Ty Dolla Sign), Good Life (with G-Eazy), The Way (ft. Chance the Rapper), and Can I (ft. Tory Lanez).
Kehlani Ashley Parrish
Oakland, California, United States
Simi Valley, California, United States
Kehlani was enrolled at the Oakland School for the Arts with a focus on dance. However, after suffering a serious knee injury in her junior year, it dashed her hopes to learn dance at the prestigious Juilliard School and leading to her switching to singing.
Singer, Songwriter, Dancer
- Father – Elon Thompson Parrish (Surfer) (Died when she was young)
- Mother – She was in and out of jail so Kehlani was raised by her aunt.
- Others – Guy Corwin Parrish (Paternal Grandfather), Ruth Suzanne Thompson (Paternal Grandmother), Christopher French (Maternal Grandfather), Clyde Carson (Cousin), Marteen (Younger Cousin) (Singer, Songwriter, YouTube Star, Social Media Personality, Multi-Instrumentalist)
Kehlani has been represented by ICM Partners.
R&B, hip-hop, neo-soul, pop
HBK Gang, Atlantic Records, Tsunami Mob
Her net worth had been $3 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
51 kg or 112.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Kehlani has dated –
- PartyNextDoor (2014-2015 and 2016) – Kehlani started going out with rapper PartyNextDoor in December 2014. In July 2015, he even released a song titled as Kehlani’s freestyle. Their relationship came to an end in October 2015 as she dumped him after he had posted a picture of a scantily clad woman in his swimming pool. In March 2016, it was rumored that they had got back together after he shared the picture of her in his bed, which led to some backlash on social media. The very next day, she tweeted a picture of her in the hospital with an IV in her arm. Some sources reported that despite the suspected suicide fiasco, they are still in a relationship.
- Kyrie Irving (2015-2016) – Kehlani started dating basketball star Kyrie Irving by the end of 2015. Irving made their relationship public in January 2016 by sharing a picture of them together. However, a couple of months later, Kehlani was accused of cheating on Kyrie after PartyNextDoor shared a picture of them together. But, Kehlani and Kyrie later revealed that they had ended their relationship by that time.
- Shaina Negrón (2017) – In the summer of 2017, Kehlani was linked with artist Shaina Negrón. They seemed to have separated by the end of the year.
- Dave East (2017-2018) – In December 2017, she had allegedly started dating rapper Dave East. The relationship is assumed to have gone until the summer of 2018.
- Demi Lovato (2018) – In April 2018, singers Kehlani and Demi Lovato locked lips during a live performance at the “Tell Me You Love Me” tour which sparked dating rumors.
- Ella Mai (2018) – Kehlani was rumored to have an affair with British singer Ella Mai in August 2018 as they were seen cozying up in a video. But, the duo denied all such claims and has maintained that they are just close friends.
- Javaughn Young-White (2018-2019) – She was romantically involved with her guitarist Javaughn Young-White, the brother of comedian Jaboukie Young-White, between May 2018 and April 2019. On October 12, 2018, she announced on Instagram that she was pregnant with her first child, a girl. Later, in December 2018, she opened up about prenatal depression and stated how her pregnancy was harder than it looked. She gave birth to her daughter, Adeya Nomi Parrish Young-White, at home on March 23, 2019.
- YG (2019-2020) – Rapper YG and Kehlani had an on-off relationship for less than a year.
- Bryson Tiller (2020) – RUMOR
- Danielle Balbuena (2021-2022) – In 2021, Kehlani started dating rapper and singer, 070 Shake or Danielle Balbuena. They confirmed their relationship in May 2022. However, by September 2022, they had also confirmed their breakup.
- Kiara Russell (2022-Present) – In December 2022, Kehlani was first rumored to be dating Kiara Russell who started working as a graduate assistant at Connecticut Huskies women’s basketball team. Kiara studied Sociology at Arizona State University and also played basketball there.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White, Black, Hispanic, and Asian)
She is of American African, Scottish, English, German, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Welsh, distant Cornish and Irish, and Choctaw Native American descent on her father’s side and has Blackfoot and Cherokee Native American, Spanish, Mexican, and Filipino roots on her maternal side.
In April 2021, during an Instagram Live, Kehlani revealed that she is a Lesbian.
Previously, she publicly identified as queer and pansexual and in April 2018, she stated, “I’m queer. Not bi, not straight. I’m attracted to women, men, REALLY attracted to queer men, non-binary people, intersex people, trans people. lil poly pansexual”.
- Face and body tattoos
- Grunge style sense
- Wears nose ring
33-25-33 in or 84-63.5-84 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
9.5 (US) or 7 (UK) or 40 (EU)
Kehlani has advertised for Snipes.com sneakers and streetwear.
Best Known For
- Being a part of the teen pop band, Poplyfe that managed to reach the final of America’s Got Talent.
- The popularity of her debut mixtape, Cloud 19.
In January 2017, she released her debut studio album, SweetSexySavage, in association with Atlantic Records. It reached #1 in Top Hip Hop albums in the U.S.
First TV Show
In 2015, she guest appeared as herself in the talk show Skee TV.
Kehlani Favorite Things
- Food – Double spicy chicken deluxe with Polynesian sauce and lemonade at Chick-Fill-A fast-food chain.
- Celebrities That Left Her Starstruck – Stevie Wonder, Elle Varner
- Role Model – Beyoncé
- Artist – Lauryn Hill
- Restaurant – Baohaus in New York City
Source – TheBoomBox.com, Vibe.com
- Kehlani uses the pronouns she/they.
- Before making it big as a singer, she did several miscellaneous jobs including working at an ice cream parlor and at a Hot Topic clothing store.
- She is scared of large aquatic animals and doesn’t venture in water beyond where her feet aren’t in touch with the ground. The reason for this is that her family didn’t tell her about her father’s murder and as he was a surfer, she thought something might have happened to him while surfing.
- She loves to get tattooed and got her first tattoo at the age of 16. The most painful tattoo she believes was the Spanish inscription on her neck, which translates to “lost and found.”
- She has got the face of her favorite artist Lauryn Hill tattooed on her left arm.
- While growing up, she aspired to become an ice skater and she had become decent in hockey ice skating, but then, the local ice rink got shut down.
- Before the knee injury ended her hopes of becoming a professional dancer, she had undertaken ballet classes as well.
- On May 8, 2020, she released her 2nd studio album It Was Good Until It Wasn’t through Atlantic Records and it featured guest appearances from Tory Lanez, Jhené Aiko, Masego, Lucky Daye, and James Blake. The album debuted at number #2 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- During her struggling days, for a short period of time, she resorted to stealing stuff from the grocery stores for some food and money.
- Kehlani is vegan.
- Kehlani made her first Met Gala appearance in 2021.
- In December 2022, Kehlani revealed that she was s*xually assaulted during one of her shows in the UK.