|Ella Mai Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||November 3, 1994|
Ella Mai started her music career by posting short videos of her covering popular songs on her Instagram account. Within a short time, she managed to gain a large number of followers on her official account and attracted the attention of music producer, DJ Mustard, who flew her to Los Angeles and signed her up for his record label. After having steadily built the mainstream following with her 3 EPs, she scored big with the release of her song Boo’d Up, which was featured at the top of several music charts.
London, England, United Kingdom
In August 2016, she moved to Los Angeles, California, United States
Ella Mai graduated from The Queens High School of Teaching, Bellerose, New York. Later, she studied creative musicianship at the British and Irish Modern Music Institute London.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Her mother is a teacher.
- Siblings – Unknown
Ella Mai is represented by Creative Artists Agency.
10 Summers, Interscope Records
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Ella Mai has dated –
- John Wall (2018) – In May 2018, Mai was linked with basketball player John Wall. The cause of this linkup was his social media activity as he had tagged her in one of his videos.
- Kehlani (2018) – In August 2018, she was linked with fellow singer, Kehlani, after a video of them cuddling emerged on the social media. Some sources claimed that they had been dating for a couple of weeks but had opted to keep it a secret as Ella was worried that a lesbian affair won’t be good for her image. However, Kehlani herself refuted dating rumors and claimed that they were just close friends and also clarified that the picture was taken during her music tour.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Irish ancestry on her father’s side and Jamaican roots on her mother’s side.
There were rumors about her being a lesbian after she was spotted cuddling with singer Kehlani.
- Curly Hair
- Fuller Lips
- Dimpled smile
Ella Mai hasn’t endorsed any brand yet.
Best Known For
- The immense popularity of her single, Boo’d Up, which managed to reach the 5th spot on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and was certified as 2x Platinum by RIAA. She was also placed at the top of the Emerging Artists chart.
- The critical acclaim garnered by her EP, Ready, which was produced by DJ Mustard
As a Singer
In February 2016, she released her debut EP, Time, which didn’t earn much success. She found success with her second EP, Change, which peaked at the 20th position on the US R&B chart.
First TV Show
Ella Mai made her first TV show appearance on the comedy talk show Jimmy Kimmel Live! in 2018.
Ella Mai Favorite Things
Source – Wikipedia
Ella Mai Facts
- She started her music journey by posting song covers on her social media accounts and started posting covers on Instagram in 2015.
- Soon after, Ella posted her 4-track EP called Trouble on SoundCloud.
- She was discovered by DJ Mustard through her uploads on Instagram and he decided to sign her up to his record label, 10 Summers.
- Ella was named by her parents after the iconic jazz singer, Ella Fitzgerald.
- While growing up, she was a member of the church choir and also used to audition for school musicals.
- However, when Ella moved to Queens, New York at the age of 12 because of her mother’s new teaching job, she started to refrain herself from singing as she was very conscious about her accent.
- While studying in New York, Ella turned her attention to soccer and played soccer for 9 years with the school team as well as for a club.
- However, she turned her focus back to music after having performed the national anthem at her high school graduation and after impressing everyone, she decided to give music another shot.
- In 2014, she formed a music trio called Arize and competed in the season 11 of The X Factor. However, her band wasn’t able to go beyond initial auditions.
- In 2017, Kehlani roped Ella Mai in for her SweetSexySavage World Tour.
- In 2018, Ella announced her The Boo’d Up Tour which she started in August with a concert in Texas.
- Follow Ella Mai on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Ella Mai / Instagram