|Malcolm Barrett Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 22, 1980|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Malcolm Barrett is an American actor, musician, comedian, and poet. He has been a part of a variety of TV shows and movies like Rhythm of the Saints, American Violet, My Best Friend’s Girl, Imaginary Larry, Tyler Perry Presents Peeples, War on Everyone, Preacher, Timeless, Weird City, The Mentalist, Better Off Ted, Ghost Whisperer, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and Law & Order.
Verbal the Rapper
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Malcolm Barrett attended Stuyvesant High School and graduated in 1998. Fellow actors Telly Leung and Billy Eichner also attended the same school.
Later, he got enrolled at NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts.
Actor, Musician, Comedian, Poet
Malcolm Barrett is represented by Management 360, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He has African-American roots.
Malcolm Barrett has appeared in a number of TV commercials for the following –
- McDonald’s (2006)
- Verizon (2006)
- AT&T (2008)
- KFC (2008)
- Bud Light (2008)
Best Known For
- Having been cast in a number of movies like The Forgotten (2003) as Anderson, The Hurt Locker (2008) as Sergeant Foster, My Best Friend’s Girl (2008) as Dwalu, Imaginary Larry (2009) as Kenneth, Tyler Perry Presents Peeples (2013) as Chris Walker, Addicted to Fresno (2015) as Eric, and War on Everyone (2016) as Reggie
- Appearing in various shows like Law & Order (2001-2002) as Julian Zalak – Harry Johnson, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (2005) as Terrell, Better Off Ted (2009-2010) as Lem Hewitt, Southland (2011) as Henry Watts, The Mentalist (2011) as Officer Price, The Office (2013) as Malcolm, and Preacher (from 2017) as Hoover
- Being the founder as well as a member, alongside actor and singer Brandon Scott, of the hip-hop group named Icarus + Verbal
As a member of the group Icarus + Verbal, formerly known as Sin City, his debut album, Fun House, was released in 2018.
Malcolm Barrett made his feature film debut as Basketball Kid #2 in the crime drama thriller, King of the Jungle, in 2000.
He made his theatrical film debut as Jock in the teen psychological thriller, Swimfan, in 2002.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Russell Lucas in the crime mystery drama, The Beat, in 2000.
As a voice actor, he made his TV show debut as Dr. Jules Huffman in the fantasy drama show, Ghost Whisperer, in 2005.
Malcolm Barrett Facts
- He grew up in Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn, New York.
- During his school years, he was a smart kid and was inclined towards Maths and Science. Meanwhile, he also took interest in literature and creative writing.
- His passion for theatre and acting developed when he was in school.
- He has a talent for poetry and has also been a member of the 2001 Nuyorican Slam Poetry team.
- Malcolm has also won the Young Playwright competition at Manhattan Class Company.
- He is the founder of the non-profit theater companies Real Theatre Works and Ammunition Theatre.
- For his role in the play titled The Recommendation, he won the Ovation Award for Lead Actor in a play in 2014.
- Follow Malcolm Barrett on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0