|Bruno Mars Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 8, 1985|
Bruno Mars is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, multi-instrumentalist, and dancer whose musical style and showmanship have helped him sell over 130 million records worldwide, hence, making him one of the best-selling music artists of all time. He has released a range of popular tracks and albums which include the likes of Doo-Wops & Hooligans, Locked Out of Heaven, Unorthodox Jukebox, Just the Way You Are, 24K Magic, Grenade, Count On Me, Versace on the Floor, Please Me (with Cardi B), and Wake Up in the Sky (with Gucci Mane and Kodak Black).
Peter Gene Hernandez
Bruno Mars, Little Elvis
Bruno was the nickname given by his father when he was only two. This is because of his resemblance to famous professional chubby wrestler Bruno Sammartino.
Mars was added later when he wanted to pursue his career in music. He used to receive comments like he is out of this world because of his looks and personality. So, Bruno added “Mars” (a different planet) to his name.
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles, California, United States
Mars graduated from President Theodore Roosevelt High School in 2003.
Singer, songwriter, choreographer, musician, record producer
- Father – Peter Hernandez (Musician)
- Mother – Bernadette “Bernie” San Pedro Bayot (died of a brain aneurysm on June 1, 2013) (Dancer)
- Siblings – Eric Hernandez (Older Brother) (Musician), Presley Hernandez (Sister) (Singer), Tiara Hernandez (Sister) (Singer), Jaime Kailani (Sister) (Singer), Tahiti Hernandez (Sister) (Singer)
Bruno’s family is related to singing and music.
Bruno is signed to Atlantic Records. To contact Bruno, head over to this page.
His music career is managed by The Creed Company.
Pop, blues, funk, jazz, reggae, R&B, rock, soul, reggae fusion
Vocals, bass, beatbox, drums, guitar, keyboard, piano, harmonica
Universal Motown, Atlantic, Elektra Records
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
67 kg or 148 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bruno Mars has dated –
- Chanel Malvar (2009-2011) – American dancer Chanel and musician Mars had a dating relationship from 2009 until 2011. After the breakup, Mars also wrote a song dedicated to his recent girlfriend Chanel “It Will Rain”.
- Rita Ora (2009-2011) – Kosovar singer, Rita Ora had been dating American singer, Bruno Mars for 2 years from 2009 until 2011. Dailymail.co.uk confirmed about their relationship.
- Rocsi Diaz (2011) – Honduran-born, American talk show host Rocsi was RUMORed to have had a fling with Mars in 2011.
- Amelle Berrabah (2011) – Mars had a RUMORed fling with English singer Amelle in 2011.
- Jessica Caban (2011-Present) – Bruno has been dating Puerto Rican model Jessica Caban since mid-2011. They live together along with a Rottweiler named “Geronimo”.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White, Hispanic, and Asian)
Bruno has Jewish Puerto Rican and American ancestry on his father’s side and is of Filipino descent on his mother’s side.
- Strong high tenor voice
- Sings choruses in rap songs frequently
- Wears a hat in his songs
His shoe size is speculated to be 9 (US).
Bruno’s songs have been played in the TV commercials like for Esteé Lauder Modern Muse makeup and Macy’s (The Song – “Just the Way You Are”).
For the American Eagle Outfitters television commercial, Bruno’s song “Rock Your Walk” was used.
In 2013, he advertised for NJOY Electronic Cigarette Company because of his investment in the company.
He has also invested money in Chromatik (it makes digital versions of sheet music) and Selvarey Rum.
He is probably a Catholic.
Best Known For
His popular songs like “Just the Way You Are”, “Grenade”, “Count On Me”, and “When I Was Your Man”.
Mars released his debut album Doo-Wops & Hooligans released on October 4, 2010, via Elektra Records. The album (35 minutes long) charted at #3 in Billboard 200 and at #1 in German, Canadian, Irish, Swiss, and UK charts. He was able to sell 6 million copies worldwide.
Bruno played Little Elvis in the 1992 comedy film Honeymoon in Vegas.
First TV Show
In 2010, Mars guest-starred in the American late-night live television sketch comedy show Saturday Night Live.
Bruno once joked about his workout with a personal trainer via his Twitter account.
He is skinny, which may be due to his dedicated dancing and singing sessions.
Bruno Mars Favorite Things
- Food – Chicken Adobo (Philippines’ National Dish)
- Color – Maroon
- Song from his Own Collection – Count on Me
Source – CBSLocal.com
Bruno Mars Facts
- Bruno’s father is from Ukraine, Hungary, and Brooklyn, New York, and his mother was from the Philippines.
- Mars started performing in his family’s band, The Love Notes at the age of 4. He used to impersonate Presley and performed 5 days a week.
- Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley, and Prince have had a great impact on Bruno’s music career.
- TIME magazine also included Mars in its “100 Most Influential People in the World” list in 2011.
- His parents met during a show, where his mother was a hula dancer and his dad was a percussionist.
- For the possession of cocaine, he was arrested on September 19, 2010, in Las Vegas.
- Mars is also the lead vocalist of the all-male band The Hooligans. The band is a 9-member team with a guitarist, bassist, drummer, etc.
- He was named Billboard Artist of the Year 2013.
- He provided vocals to the character of Roberto, Jewel’s suave childhood friend, in the 2014 3D computer-animated musical comedy film, Rio 2.
- He appeared as a featured artist for the song Uptown Funk by British record producer Mark Ronson in 2014 and the song won the 2016 Grammy Award for “Record of the Year” while the duo bagged the Grammy for “Best Pop Duo/Group Performance”.
- He was included in Forbes magazine’s lists of “30 under 30” in 2013 and its “Celebrity 100” list in 2014, 2018, and 2019.