|Kodak Black Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 11, 1997|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kodak Black is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter. He has released albums, tracks, extended plays, and mixtapes such as Dying to Live, Painting Pictures, Haitian Boy Kodak, Bill Israel, Heart of the Projects, Lil B.I.G. Pac, Project Baby, Project Baby 2, Heart Break Kodak, Happy Birthday Kodak, Tunnel Vision, No Flockin’, Patty Cake, First Day Out, Roll in Peace (ft. XXXTentacion), Zeze (ft. Travis Scott and Offset), Calling My Spirit, Take One, Because of You, Codeine Dreaming (ft. Lil Wayne), Wake Up in the Sky (with Gucci Mane and Bruno Mars), Horses (with PnB Rock and A Boogie wit da Hoodie), There He Go, and If I’m Lyin, I’m Flyin. Apart from the success of his work, he has also been in the media for his involvement in several public controversies and legal issues, with his legal troubles beginning in middle school and spiking significantly throughout the late 2010s. He was arrested for weapons possession in 2019 and was sentenced to almost 4 years in federal prison.
Kodak Black, J-Black, Bill Kahan Blanco
Pompano Beach, Florida, United States
In 2014, Kodak Black got enrolled at the Blanche Ely High School in Pompano Beach to pursue his high school diploma.
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter
- Father – His father wasn’t present in most of his teenage years.
- Mother – Marcelene Octave
- Siblings – John Wicks (Older Brother). He also has a younger brother.
Hip hop, trap, mumble rap
Dollaz N Dealz, Sniper Gang, Atlantic Records
His net worth had been $600 Thousand according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm (Approx)
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kodak Black has dated –
- Maya – Kodak Black was in a relationship with a woman named Maya in the past. She is the mother of his first child. We don’t know when they started dating and how long their affair was. However, the mudslinging matches he often initiates with his baby mama are all too well known. He has often called her out on social media for making it difficult for him to meet his son. She has rebutted (numerous times) his allegations and has accused him of not even making an effort to look after his child. She has also accused him of not supporting her financially in raising their son.
- Jayda Cheaves (2016-2017)
Note – In February 2017, the Empire BBK revealed that Kodak had got another woman (identity unknown) pregnant.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Haitian ancestry on both his parents’ sides.
- Gold filed teeth
- Unique and eccentric hairstyles
During his stay in the prison, he started identifying himself as Hebrew Israelite after having read Scripture with the priest, who was in charge of conducting prison ministry. He even filed documents to legally change his name to Bill Kahan Blanco. “Kahan” translates to “priest” in Israelite.
Best Known For
- The immense success and popularity of his singles Tunnel Vision and No Flockin.
- His numerous legal problems and his habit of courting controversy.
In March 2017, Kodak Black released his debut studio album, Painting Pictures, which made its debut on US Billboard 200 at the 3rd position. The album was certified as gold by RIAA.
First TV Show
In 2017, he made his first TV show appearance in the Keep Your Head Up episode of the comedy show, Crank Yankers.
Kodak Black Favorite Things
- Music Artist – Lil Boosie
Source – Hot New Hip Hop
Kodak Black Facts
- In June 2017, Kodak was caught up in a controversy when he said that he didn’t like black girls while interacting with fans during an Instagram Live Stream. After trying to clarify his comments, he deactivated his Instagram account and took shots at his critics on Twitter.
- In April, Jennifer Cunningham, who worked as a bartender at Dade strip club, accused Kodak of assaulting her and stomping over her at the Miami-based club in February.
- In his Project Baby documentary, Kodak revealed that he was bright in his studies while growing up. He was even accepted in a private school outside of his improvised and crime-ridden community. However, he decided against joining it.
- When he was 16 years old, he was kicked out of his home.
- When he was growing up, his mother became a victim of a robbery as the assailants took off with his family’s tax return money. The incident hardened him and pushed him towards crime. It also inspired a verse in his single, Signs.
- He started his rap journey at the age of 12 after he became a member of a rap group called Brutal Youngnz and adopted the stage name J-Black.
- His first arrest was for burglary and at the time of his arrest, he wasn’t even 16 years old. He had to spend 21 days in jail. However, he was prepared for it because he was robbing long enough to know what was in store for him.
- So bad was his involvement in crime in his teenage years that he had to be placed in a youth detention center three times in a single year.
- In August 2016, Kodak appeared in court in Fort Lauderdale, Florida after having been arrested on numerous occasions on a wide range of charges that included false imprisonment of a child, possession of cannabis, and fleeing from police officers. After having entered a plea deal, he pleaded no contest to all the charges and was handed a one-year house arrest, five years’ probation, and was asked to attend anger management classes.
- However, before he was released from jail, it was found that there have been two outstanding warrants against him for criminal sexual conduct and for cannabis possession. He was slapped with four months jail sentence for drug charges.
- The woman accusing him of sexual assault revealed that she had attended his performance at Treasure City in Florence after which she joined him in his hotel room, where he tore her clothes off before biting her and raping her.
- In February 2017, his musical tour had to be postponed after he was arrested for violating his probation. A couple of months later, he was sentenced for violating his house arrest as well.
- In January 2017, he landed in a major controversy as he broadcasted a video on Instagram of him with a couple of men in a hotel room with a lone woman performing oral s*x on them.
- On November 11, 2020, he released his third studio album, Bill Israel, via Atlantic Records and it features guest appearances from Tory Lanez, Jackboy, Gucci Mane, CBE, and Lil Yachty. Also, the album was ranked at number #20 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart and at number #42 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- He is pretty fond of tattoos and has got cross tattooed on both his cheeks as well as forehead. He has also got a knife tattooed on the right side of his neck.
- In June 2021, he was seen throwing nearly $100,000 into the ocean while on a boat for which he received criticism as people wanted him to do something better with that cash.
Featured Image from Broward Sheriff’s Office / XXL Mag / Public Domain