Rakim Hasheem Allen
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Philadelphia but he often travels to Los Angeles, New York City, and Miami.
He dropped out of high school at the age of 15 when the only father figure in his life, his uncle was murdered.
- Father – He was murdered when Rakim was 3 years old.
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – He has 4 brothers. One of them was killed, one of them is autistic, and another one is a rapper who goes by the name PnB Meen.
He is managed by Monty Love, CEO of New Lane Entertainment, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States.
- Atlantic Records
- Empire Distribution
- New Lane Entertainment
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
- Rakim shared in an interview that he had only one true love in his life with whom he broke up in 2009.
- He became a father to a baby girl at the age of 21 and named his daughter Milan (b. October 2013). Although Rakim is deeply attached to his daughter, he separated from the mother of his child after her birth.
Race / Ethnicity
He has African American ancestry.
- Frequently dons a prominent goatee with a light or no beard along with spectacles or sunglasses.
- Completely tattooed neck along with various other tattoos on hands and other parts of the body.
- Gaunt face and lanky build
Best Known For
- His breakout singles Fleek (2015) and Selfish (2016) which peaked at #51 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- Getting featured on XXL Annual Freshman List in 2017, a magazine that promotes and features underground rappers/artists on the rise.
In November 2017, he released his first studio album via Atlantic Records titled Catch These Vibes.
First TV Show
Rakim is extremely thin and possibly underweight for his height. He smokes a lot of weed as well. It appears that the rapper does not follow any specific regime to address his fitness.
PnB Rock Facts
- He was named Rakim after the famous rapper of the same name born in 1968.
- Rakim started selling drugs on the streets at the age of 15, lived in shelters as he was homeless, and also committed a few robberies to survive.
- His stage name PnB is short for Pastorius and Baynton which is the name of the street corner near where Rakim primarily grew up in Philadelphia’s Germantown neighborhood.
- His illegal ways of earning a living landed him a 33-month prison sentence when he was 19. After serving time for 2 years, Rakim was released to stay in a half-way house.
- While incarcerated, Rakim started writing songs based on the difficulties in his life. Before going to prison, he had absolutely no interest in the rap music industry.
- While still in school, Rakim stated that he was always very popular among the girls since he had a great sense of humor and was often referred to as the class clown.
- His popularity as an artist was initiated on Instagram in 2013–2014 when Rakim joined the viral trend of posting #TBH (to be honest) video posts where he sang a response to another person.
- In October 2016, the Rolling Stone magazine named Rakim in their list of “10 New Artists You Need To Know”.
- The rapper rarely writes his songs down on paper. He prefers to get into a state of mental flow, catches the ‘vibe’ of a place or song and records his response in the form of a song. If not in the studio, Rakim records his rap on his iPhone whenever he feels inspired.
- To know more about the artist, follow him on Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, and YouTube.
Featured Image by PnB Rock / Instagram