Staten Island, New York, USA
He re-locates in between;
- Brooklyn Heights, New York, U.S.
- An apartment in mid-town, New York to be closer to SNL studio whenever filming is on.
- He also bought an apartment in Staten Island for his mother and occasionally lives with her.
Due to bullying and his inability to fit in, Pete switched three high schools, one of which was a Catholic High school named St. Joseph. He then transferred to Tottenville High School after a few years and finally moved to Brooklyn to finish his schooling.
Thereafter, he enrolled at St Francis College in Brooklyn Heights, New York but soon dropped out.
- Father – Scott Michael Davidson (Firefighter)
- Mother – Amy Waters
- Siblings – Casey Davidson (Younger Sister)
6 ft 3 in or 190½ cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
- Carly Aquilino (2014-2015) – Pete started dating fellow Girl Code comedian Carly, who is 3 years older than him, soon after he joined Saturday Night Live as its youngest cast member. The two did not get to see each other as much due to work commitments but often showed support for each other’s work on Twitter. In an interview to Maxim in May 2015, Pete even mentioned about his plans to move in with her. However, the couple split later that year due to undisclosed reasons.
- Cazzie David (2016-2018) – As Carly and Pete grew more distant, his friendship grew with Seinfeld co-creator, Larry David’s daughter Cazzie. They first met on the sets of SNL in 2015 when Cazzie’s father was a guest host in one of the episodes. In 2016, the couple started posting intimate selfies with each other on Instagram. Pete even went ahead and got a tattoo that said ‘Reserved for CD’ and another one on his forearm which is a self-portrait Cazzie drew when she was 5 years old. The couple’s relationship was going strong because the two shared the same sense of humor, anxieties, and traveled together to Los Angeles nearly every other week. But, this relationship also saw an end in May 2018.
- Ariana Grande (2018) – In May 2018, Pete started dating the singer, Ariana Grande. Just like Pete, she had also come out of a long-term relationship of approx 2 years from Mac Miller and found comfort in the presence of Pete. They reportedly got engaged in June 2018 and also got matching tattoos. In October 2018, the couple called off their engagement.
- Kate Beckinsale (2019) – In January 2019, actress Kate Beckinsale was seen with Pete during Golden Globes Afterparty. There is a 20 years of age gap between the two. In March 2019, they publicly kissed at New York Rangers game, hence confirming the relationship status. But, this short-lived relationship also came to an end in April 2019.
- Kaia Gerber (2019) – Rumored
Race / Ethnicity
He has Irish, Scottish, English, and German ancestry on his mother’s side.
Both his paternal grandparents were Jewish. His grandfather was Polish while grandmother was part-Dutch and part-German.
- Mixed looks
- Has uncharacteristically thick lips for a white guy
Converse – In November 2016, Pete got his first major endorsement campaign that goes with the punch line, ‘Don’t Gift Fail Give Converse’ aimed at consumers during the year-end holiday season. Pete was featured in 10 short videos to point the irrelevance of various gift items and hence justify Converse products as the best gifting option. Watch all the videos here.
Best Known For
Playing various characters on Saturday Night Live as a recurring cast member.
In 2013, he appeared in a short film TubbyMan for his role as PipeKleener.
He did his first theatrical feature film School Dance in 2014 as Stinkfinger.
First TV Show
In 2013, Pete did 4 episodes of MTV2’s reality comedy series Guy Code as himself.
Pete looks shredded and always had a visible six pack throughout his late teens and early 20s. But he is also extremely thin for a tall guy. His body is not a by-product of spending time in the gym. In fact, his father’s early death in 2001 drove him towards depression in his teens. To make it worse, he was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease when he was 17, which gave him intense stomach pains to the point he could not eat any food.
Comedy standup became a healthy outlet to vent his emotions for Davidson, but so did getting high. He started smoking marijuana at the age of 15 and usually smoked weed before performing any stand-up act.
Ever since he started dating Cazzie David, he became a happier person and started making a conscious effort to make healthier choices. He looks a lot less gaunt and pale since he first became a part of SNL in 2014 and has even started working out regularly with his girlfriend.
In March 2017, Pete posted a picture of himself on Instagram with a visibly fuller face and body next to a cup of coffee revealing that he is finally sober and quit drugs for the first time in 8 years. It remains to be seen how he takes care of his fitness from there on.
Pete Davidson Favorite Things
- Standup Topic – His Racial Ambiguity & Family Background
- Comedians – Bill Hader, Bill Burr, Dave Chappelle
- Movie – Jaws (1975)
- Rapper – Kid Cudi, Coolio
- Album – Man on the Moon
- Books – Harry Potter
- Pizza Place – Eltingville’s Campania Coal-Fired Pizza in Staten Island
Pete Davidson Facts
- He was 7 when his firefighter father lost his life in the 9/11 tragedy. His father was last seen climbing up the World Trade Center when the building collapsed upon him as he reached the 15th floor.
- Feeling out of place in high school, Pete tried his hand at stand-up when he was 16. He eventually started taking the ferry to Brooklyn to perform in open-mic venues every day after school.
- He was discovered by Nick Cannon when he was 17 and the two have even toured together.
- Stand-up comedy is Pete’s way to deal with unresolved emotional issues or openly comment upon things otherwise difficult to discuss in a normal conversation.
- He started smoking weed to ease unbearable stomach pains owing to Crohn’s disease so he could eat some food.
- All his close friends from high school are pot-heads who have been to jail one time or the other for using marijuana.
- He had suicidal tendencies as a teenager. Pete confessed that listening to rapper Kid Cudi’s music saved his life.
- He leaves the main door of his apartment unlocked even when he is not at home so any of his friends may come and crash at his place if they need a place to stay.
- He joined the 40th season of SNL in 2014 and by the time, he went back to film his second season, he had 30 tattoos on his body.
- He has SMD tattooed on his neck which was also the title of his one-hour solo act in 2016. Other than being his father’s initials it implies, ‘S*** my D***’ and he uses the two references interchangeably as a joke.
- Pete is crazy about Harry Potter books and movies. He has several Harry Potter tattoos on his body including a symbol of Deathly Hallows.
- He is the fourth youngest cast member in the 40-year history of SNL and the first who was born after 1990.
- He had a cameo in Amy Schumer’s Trainwreck (2015) who recommended him to her co-star Bill Hader, who in turn got him a spot on SNL by recommending him further to SNL creator, Lorne Michaels.
- He has a shoe fetish and owns a large collection of sneakers in many colors.
- Pete has no exclusive website in his name.
- Follow him on Instagram.