|Douglas Booth Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||July 9, 1992|
Douglas Booth is an English actor who is best known for his role as Boy George in Worried About the Boy (2010). He has also appeared in various other TV shows and films such as From Time to Time, The Riot Club, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, The Limehouse Golem, Mary Shelley, The Pillars of the Earth, and Great Expectations. He has been featured in the campaigns of popular brands like Burberry.
Douglas John Booth
Douglas Booth attended Lingfield Notre Dame School in Surrey, United Kingdom. He was privately educated at the Solefield School in Sevenoaks and also went to Bennett Memorial Diocesan School.
- Father – Simon V. Booth (Works in shipping for Citigroup)
- Mother – Vivien Susanna Booth (Artist)
- Siblings – Abigail Hannah Booth (Older Sister) (Artist)
Douglas Booth is represented by these agencies –
- Curtis Brown Group Ltd.
- United Talent Agency
Douglas Booth’s net worth had been $6 million as per CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Booth dated –
- Alexa Chung – RUMOR
- Naya Rivera (2011) – Douglas had a fling with Naya on January 30, 2011.
- Vanessa Kirby (2012-2014) – 4 years older Vanessa started dating Booth in June 2012. They first met on the set of Great Expectations. To keep his relationship private, Douglas even deleted his Twitter account. They separated in early 2014.
- Taylor Swift (2013) – RUMOR
- Hailee Steinfeld (2012-2013) – After meeting at the Met Ball event in 2012, the duo Hailee and Douglas were RUMORed to be dating until November 2013.
- Miley Cyrus (2014) – Singer Miley and Douglas started dating in August 2014. However, they had met before in 2012 while filming the movie LOL. They split in September 2014. Their dating relationship is still a RUMOR as neither of them has confirmed about that.
- Ellie Bamber (2015) – In 2015, Booth was RUMORed to be dating Pride and Prejudice and Zombies co-star Ellie Bamber. They were seen at private parties and red-carpet events together.
- Cressida Bonas (2016) – There were speculations that Douglas Booth dated actress Cressida Bonas in 2016 after they were seen attending a Wimbledon match together.
- Bel Powley (2016-Present) – Douglas met actress Bel Powley on the set of Mary Shelley in 2016 and the couple later started dating. In July 2021, it was announced that they had gotten engaged during a romantic picnic in the Primrose Hill neighborhood of London.
Race / Ethnicity
Douglas’ father is English and his mother has half-Dutch and half-Spanish ancestry.
His fans believe his shoe size to be 11 (US).
He has appeared in Burberry ads in the past alongside Emma Watson and Lily Donaldson.
Best Known For
Working in the TV film Worried About the Boy (2010), LOL (2012), Romeo and Juliet (2013).
Douglas appeared in the 2006 film Hunters of the Kahri for his role as Sagar.
First TV Show
Booth appeared in an eight-part TV miniseries titled The Pillars of the Earth for his role as Eustace. The story was taken from the novel of the same name by Ken Follett. It ran from July 23, 2010, to August 27, 2010.
He had worked out with a trainer as he had to look good in lovemaking scenes with Hailee Steinfeld in the 2013 movie “Romeo and Juliet”. It is the film adaptation of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet.
Douglas Booth Facts
- He suffered from dyslexia when young.
- Douglas was raised in Greenwich. However, at the age of 10, he and his family moved to Sevenoaks, Kent.
- At the age of 15, Douglas joined the Curtis Brown acting agency.
- He used to play rugby in the past. But, left the game completely when he was advised to do so otherwise it could mess up his beautiful face.
- Booth had to shave off his eyebrows to play the role of Boy George in the movie Worried About the Boy. It is known that Boy George himself contacted Douglas via Facebook and congratulated him for the role and gave some quick tips also.
- For his role in LOL, he learned to play guitar and can play trumpet as well.
- His older sister and mother are artists.
- He has been a huge supporter of UNHCR and has highlighted the work of UNHCR in his interviews to raise awareness of the global refugee crisis.
- His older sister likes to go by the name Abi.
- He had to close his Twitter account due to the relationship rumors with Vanessa Kirby.
Please try to avoid… tattoos in your body…