|Bel Powley Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||March 7, 1992|
Bel Powley is an English actress, voiceover artist, and theatre artist who has gained fame with her critically acclaimed performance as Princess Margaret in A Royal Night Out as well as for her portrayal of Minnie Goetze in The Diary of a Teenage Girl. She has also been cast in shows like M.I. High, Benidorm, The Morning Show, and Moominvalley.
Isobel Dorothy Powley
Hammersmith, London, England, United Kingdom
Bel Powley studied at Holland Park School and later had a seat reserved at the University of Manchester to study history.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Theatre Artist
- Father – Mark Powley (Actor)
- Mother – Janis Jaffa (Casting Director)
- Others – Philip H. Powley (Paternal Grandfather), Jennifer M. Morrison (Paternal Grandmother), Isadore Jaffa (Maternal Grandfather), Beatrice “Betty” Levy/Byrne (Maternal Grandmother)
Bel Powley is represented by –
- Curtis Brown Group Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Bel Powley has dated –
- Douglas Booth (2016-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
Bel Powley has English roots on her father’s side and is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent on her mother’s side.
- Charming smile
- Sharp gaze
Bel Powley Facts
- She grew up in London.
- In 2010, she participated in the protests against the hike in university fees.
- Bel Powley brought to life the character of Princess Margaret, the younger daughter of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth and the only sibling of Queen Elizabeth II, in the 2015 romantic comedy-drama film, A Royal Night Out. For this role, she bagged the Hamptons International Film Festival Award for “Breakthrough Performer” and was also nominated for the British Independent Film Award in the “Most Promising Newcomer” category.
- She appeared in the lead role of Minnie Goetze, a 15-year-old aspiring cartoonist, in the 2015 American comedy-drama film, The Diary of a Teenage Girl, in which she co-starred alongside Alexander Skarsgård, Christopher Meloni, and Kristen Wiig. Bel Powley’s performance in the movie received much acclaim and she was honored at the Cannes Film Festival as “Trophée Chopard – Female Revelation” and won the FEST International Film Festival Award for “Best Actress”.
- As a theatre artist, she has been cast in roles like Maggie in Tusk Tusk at The Royal Court Theatre in 2009, Thomasina in Arcadia at Ethel Barrymore Theatre (Broadway) in 2011, and Dawn in Lobby Hero at Helen Hayes Theatre (Broadway) in 2018.
- In 2019, Bel Powley provided vocals to the character of Little My in the Finnish-British animated family drama series titled Moominvalley.
Featured Image by Cosmopolitan UK / YouTube / CC BY 3.0