|Nancy Cartwright Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||October 25, 1957|
Nancy Cartwright is an American actress and voice actress. She is best known for being the voice of Bart Simpson in the popular animated television series, The Simpsons. Apart from that, she has also voiced several animated characters like Nelson Muntz, Ralph Wiggum, Todd Flanders, Kearney, and Database. Nancy is also known as the voice of Gloria in the famous Richie Rich series.
Nancy Jean Cartwright
Nancy Bartfight, Nancy Bartfright, NecroNance, Nasty Nancy, Necro-Fancy Nancy, Noxious Nancy, Nancy Heart-Fright
Dayton, Ohio, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Nancy went to Fairmont West High School and graduated in 1976. She then received a scholarship from Ohio University. However, while in her sophomore year, she took a transfer to the University of California, Los Angeles.
Actress, Voice Actress
- Father – Frank Cartwright
- Mother – Miriam Cartwright
- Siblings – Cathy Cartwright (Sister), Frank Cartwright Jr. (Brother), Marsha Cartwright (Sister), Steve Cartwright (Brother), Mary Beth Cartwright (Sister)
- Others – Sabrina Carpenter (Niece) (Singer, Actress), Sarah Carpenter (Niece) (Actress), Shannon Carpenter (Niece), John Andrew Cartwright (Paternal Grandfather), Charlotte Josephine Chance (Paternal Grandmother), Sylvester William Wendel (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Lucille Elizabeth Sommers (Maternal Grandmother)
Nancy is represented by Cartwright Entertainment, Inc.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nancy has dated –
- Warren Murphy (1988-2002) – Nancy first met author Warren Murphy on her birthday in 1988. The couple got married two months later and became parents to 2 children – Lucy and Jack. However, the marriage ended in 2002.
- Stephen Brackett (2007-2009) – In 2007, Nancy got romantically involved with contractor Stephen Brackett who was also a member of Church of Scientology. The couple was to tie the knot a year later in 2008 but things didn’t go as planned. Unfortunately, Stephen died in May 2009 after a fall from the Bixby Creek Bridge.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, German, and Irish ancestry.
Nancy has done advertisement work for –
- Nestle candy bar Butterfinger (1989-2004) (TV Commercial)
- Keebler’s Cookie (Voice)
- Nancy was raised in a Roman Catholic family.
- However, in 1991, she joined the Church of Scientology.
Best Known For
Voicing the character of Bart Simpson in the animated television series, The Simpsons
Nancy made her first theatrical film appearance as Ethel in Twilight Zone: The Movie in 1983.
As a voice actress, she made her theatrical film debut in the animated fantasy movie, My Little Pony: The Movie, in 1986.
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut as Holly Fields in the comedy-detective series, Tucker’s Witch, in 1982.
As a voice actress, she made her first TV show appearance as Huckleberry Finn in the animated series, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, in 1980.
As per an interview in 2013, Nancy revealed that she had taken classes in ballroom dancing, rhumba. In a video posted on her YouTube channel in 2016, Nancy was seen working out at around 6:20 a.m. Her workout contained lots of stretching exercises accompanied with jumping jacks.
As for her diet, she likes to eat everything in moderation.
Nancy Cartwright Facts
- At an early age, Nancy realized that she was talented enough to do voiceovers.
- She performed Rudyard Kipling’s How the Camel Got His Hump and won a speech competition when she was in the 4th grade.
- She won the National District Tournament for 2 consecutive years in the Humorous Interpretation category.
- The judges of her competitions often suggested that she would do great as the voice of animated characters.
- While doing a part-time job on WING radio, Nancy got the contact number of Daws Butler from a Warner Bros. Records representative. So, she called Daws and left a voice message for him in a cockney accent. She instantly got a call back from him and Daws even agreed to be her mentor.
- She met director Gordon Hunt through Daws Butler and was asked to audition for the voice of Gloria in the famous cartoon series, Richie Rich. She was successful in landing the role.
- Nancy was initially called to audition for the voice of Lisa Simpson in the animated sitcom, The Simpsons. But, then she was asked to read for the character of Bart Simpson and was selected for the role on the spot.
- The character of Bart Simpson was placed at the 2nd spot on Comedy Central’s show, Mouthing Off: 51 Greatest Smartasses.
- In 2005, Nancy created a scholarship at Fairmont High School for the students who would prefer to follow her footsteps and study speech, debate, drama or music at the Ohio University.
- She also received the title of Honorary Mayor of Northridge, California in 2005 by the Northridge Chamber of Commerce.
- In 2007, she donated $10 million, almost double of her annual salary, to the Church of Scientology. She was awarded the Scientology’s Patron Laureate Award shortly.
- She is also associated with several charitable organizations such as ASIFA-Hollywood’s Animation Archive Project and Make a Wish Foundation.
- She likes to do stock car racing.
- Visit her official website @ nancycartwright.com.
- Follow Nancy Cartwright on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Ray Kachatorian / Nancy Cartwright / CC BY-SA 3.0