|Jim Gaffigan Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||July 7, 1966|
Jim Gaffigan is an American stand-up comedian, actor, voice actor, writer, producer, and director who is regarded as a “clean” comic because his routines usually have very little profanity. He has released several comedy specials like Luigi’s Doghouse, The Last Supper, Mr. Universe, Economics II, King Baby, Quality Time, More Moo Moos, The Pale Tourist, Beyond the Pale, Noble Ape, Comedy Monster, and Doing My Time.
James Christopher Gaffigan
Elgin, Illinois, United States
Manhattan, New York, United States
Jim Gaffigan studied at La Lumiere School in La Porte, Indiana, and played on the school’s football team. Afterward, he attended Purdue University for a year and was a member of the Phi Gamma Delta fraternity.
Then, he transferred to Georgetown University‘s McDonough School of Business and graduated with a degree in finance in 1988.
Stand-up Comedian, Actor, Voice Actor, Writer, Producer, Director
- Father – Michael Ambrose Gaffigan (Banker, President & CEO of the Mercantile National Bank of Indiana) (Died of lung cancer in 1999)
- Mother – Marcia Miriam (née Mitchell) (Charity Worker, Fundraiser) (Died of cancer in 1990)
- Siblings – Jim has 5 older siblings.
- Others – Joseph Patrick Gaffigan (Paternal Grandfather), Agnes Cecilia Manning Gardiner (Paternal Grandmother), Richard Furlong Mitchell (Maternal Grandfather) (Iowa Supreme Court Justice), Miriam Elizabeth Reynolds (Maternal Grandmother)
Jim Gaffigan has been signed with –
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Observational Comedy, Clean Comedy, Deadpan, Sarcasm, Satire
Stand-up, Film, Television, Books
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth has been $30 Million.
6 ft or 183 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jim Gaffigan has dated –
- Melissa Midwest – RUMOR
- Jeannie Gaffigan (2003-Present) – In 2003, Jim Gaffigan married Jeannie Gaffigan (née Noth) at St. Patrick’s Old Cathedral in Manhattan. They have 2 daughters, Marre Gaffigan (b. 2005) and Katie Gaffigan (2009), and 3 sons, Jack Gaffigan (b. 2006), Michael Gaffigan (2011), and Patrick Gaffigan (2012).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish descent.
- Self-deprecating humor
- Pale skin
Jim has been cast in TV commercials for –
- Saturn Automobiles (1997)
- Kia Automobiles (1999)
- Rolling Rock Beer (1999, 2000)
- i-won.com (2000)
- Fleet OfficeLink (2001)
- Sierra Mist Beverage (2005, 2006)
- E-bay.com (2009)
- Maryland Lottery
- Vermont Lottery
- Nike Hockey
- Comcast cable (2014)
- 2017 Chrysler Pacifica minivan (2016)
Over the years, he has worked in over 200 commercials.
Jim Gaffigan Favorite Things
- One Of His Favorite Things To Do – Visiting other countries
Source – Us Weekly
Jim Gaffigan Facts
- He grew up in Chesterton, Indiana.
- His father was the first person in the family to attend college.
- Jim’s paternal family came from Ireland and many members worked as coal miners in Pennsylvania and Illinois.
- He was around 5 years old when he announced that he wanted to be an actor.
- Except for Purdue University, he was rejected from every college he applied to.
- It has been revealed that Jim Gaffigan hated studying finance in college.
- He used to work out twice a day when he was in his 20s.
- He once worked as a copywriter for an advertising agency and fell asleep on the job. He then had to be woken up to be fired.
- His first car was a used white Pontiac Fiero.
- Napping is his guilty pleasure.
- Jim Gaffigan likes to go to a steakhouse after a stand-up concert.
- Along with his wife Jeannie, he delivered the commencement address at the Catholic University of America in May 2016 and they then delivered the commencement address at his wife’s alma mater, Marquette University, in May 2018.
- He has performed for Pope Francis.
- He is addicted to nicotine gum.
- Jim wanted to be a farmer when he was in 8th grade.
- The first celebrity he ever met was Jimmie Walker.
- He does not like Hot Pockets.
Featured Image by Justin Hoch / Flickr / CC BY 2.0