|Jeremy Irons Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1½ in|
|Date of Birth||September 19, 1948|
Jeremy Irons is a British actor, voice artist, theatre actor, and producer known for his work in movies like Reversal of Fortune, The French Lieutenant’s Woman, The Mission, Moonlighting, Kafka, The House of the Spirits, Dead Ringers, And Now… Ladies and Gentlemen, The Time Machine, The Man Who Knew Infinity, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Justice League, Zack Snyder’s Justice League, Dungeons & Dragons, Lolita, and Love, Weddings & Other Disasters. His role in Reversal of Fortune won him the 1990 Academy Award for “Best Actor” and he is one of the few actors who have achieved the “Triple Crown of Acting” in the U.S., winning an Academy Award for film, an Emmy Award for television, and a Tony Award for theatre.
Jeremy John Irons
Cowes, Isle of Wight, England, United Kingdom
He has owned Kilcoe Castle near Ballydehob, County Cork, Ireland. He also has another Irish residence in The Liberties of Dublin as well as a home in his birth town of Cowes, a family house in Oxfordshire, and a mews house in Notting Hill, London, England.
Jeremy Irons studied at the independent Sherborne School in Dorset from 1962 to 1966 and later trained as an actor at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School.
Actor, Voice Artist, Theatre Actor, Producer
- Father – Paul Dugan Irons (1913-1983) (Accountant)
- Mother – Barbara Anne Brereton Brymer (née Sharpe)
- Siblings – Christopher (Older Brother), Felicity Anne (Older Sister)
- Others – Charles David Irons (Paternal Grandfather), Ada Beatrice Dugan (Paternal Grandmother), Henry Curtis Sharpe (Maternal Grandfather), Lilian Kate Wilton (Maternal Grandmother), Cyril James Cusack (Father-In-Law) (Actor), Maureen Cusack (b. Mary Margaret Kiely) (Mother-In-Law) (Actress), Paul Cusack (Brother-In-Law) (Worked as a producer with RTE), Sorcha Cusack (Sister-In-Law) (Television and Stage Actress), Niamh Cusack (Sister-In-Law) (Actress), Pádraig Cusack (Brother-In-Law) (Theatre Producer)
Jeremy Irons has been signed with Sally Fischer Public Relations, Public Relations Agency, New York City, New York, United States.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $16 Million.
6 ft 1½ in or 186.5 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jeremy Irons has dated –
- Julie Hallam (1969) – He married Julie Hallam in 1969 but the duo divorced the same year.
- Sinéad Cusack (1978-Present) – On March 28, 1978, he got married to Irish stage, television, and film actress Sinéad Cusack. They have 2 sons – Samuel James (b. September 16, 1978) and Maximilian Paul (b. October 17, 1985) – both of whom have appeared in films with their father.
- Kate Fitzpatrick (1983) – It was RUMORed that he had a fling with Australian television, film, and theatre actress Kate Fitzpatrick in 1983.
- Carly Simon (1984) – In 1984, it was RUMORed that he hooked up with Carly Simon, an American singer-songwriter, musician, and children’s author.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, Irish, and Scottish descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Known for aggressive and industrious work ethic
- Calm, reserved performances
- Has frequently played sinister villains
Jeremy Irons was a part of a TV commercial for Lexus in 1996 and did a print ad for Berluti in 2013.
He has been described as a practicing Catholic.
Jeremy Irons Favorite Things
- Sport – Horseriding
Source – IMDb
Jeremy Irons Facts
- He is well-versed in French.
- Jeremy Irons was nominated the Goodwill Ambassador for the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations in October 2011.
- He enjoys skiing and gardening.
- He is an outspoken critic of the death penalty and has supported the campaign by Amnesty International UK to abolish capital punishment worldwide.
- Although Jeremy Irons supports the legal availability of abortion and has said that he believes that “women should be allowed to make the decision”, he agreed with a pro-life advocate and was quoted as saying that “the church is right to say it’s a sin”.
Featured Image by Siebbi / ipernity.com / CC BY 3.0