|Colin Jost Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10.5 in|
|Date of Birth||June 29, 1982|
Colin Jost is an American actor, comedian, and screenwriter known for being the comedy writer for Saturday Night Live. He has done endorsement work for various brands and has written articles for popular publications like The New York Times Magazine, The Huffington Post, and Staten Island Advance. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram, more than 300k followers on Twitter, and more than 20k followers on Facebook.
Colin Kelly Jost
Staten Island, New York, United States
New York, United States
Colin attended the Regis High School located in Manhattan and was the editor of the school newspaper The Owl. He did speech and debate while at the school and graduated in 2000.
He completed his education from Harvard University where he studied the History and Literature of Russia and Britain and graduated in 2004. There, he was the President of the humor magazine Harvard Lampoon.
Comedian, Actor, Screenwriter
- Father – Daniel A. Jost (Engineer, Former Teacher at Staten Island Technical High School)
- Mother – Kerry J. Kelly (Physician, Chief Medical Officer For The New York City Fire Department)
- Siblings – Casey Jost (Younger Brother) (Comedian, Writer for the Show Impractical Jokers)
- Others – John Adam Jost (Paternal Grandfather), Barbara Jost (Paternal Grandmother), William M. Kelly, Jr (Maternal Grandfather)
Colin is represented by –
- Creative Artists Agency
- 3 Arts Entertainment
5 ft 10.5 in or 179 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Colin Jost has dated –
- Rashida Jones (2013-2016) – Colin dated American actress Rashida Jones from 2013 to 2016. They apparently met at Seth Meyers’ wedding in September 2013.
- Scarlett Johansson (2017-Present) – Colin and Hollywood actress Scarlett Johansson first stirred up the relationship rumors when they were spotted kissing at the after-party for the Saturday Night Live season 42 finale in May 2017. A few months later, they were seen kissing again on a New York City street in November 2017 which further fueled these rumors. They confirmed their relationship when they attended the American Museum of Natural History Gala together on November 30, 2017. The couple took a step further by getting engaged to each other in the April of 2019. The couple got married in October 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
He has German, English, and Irish ancestry.
Colin has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Onward Neighborhood House
He was raised in a Roman Catholic family.
However, his present religious views are unknown.
Best Known For
- His work as a comedy writer for Saturday Night Live wherein he has served as a co-head writer from 2012 to 2015 and returned as the show’s head writer in December 2017.
- Co-hosting the “Weekend Update” segment on Saturday Night Live with Michael Che.
Colin made his theatrical film debut in the romantic comedy film How To Be Single as Paul in 2016.
First TV Show
In 2004, he made his first appearance on a TV show in The Staten Island Comedy Show.
Colin Jost Favorite Things
- Movie – Mulholland Drive (2001), Groundhog Day (1993)
- Sports Team – New York Giants, New York Mets
- Quidditch Team – Hufflepuff
- SNL Sketch – Scared Straight
- Aquatic Animal – Sharks
- Halloween Costume Worn – Wolverine
- Breakfast Cereal – Frosted Mini-Wheats
- TV Show – Comedy Bang Bang, Mad Men
- City – Nashville
Colin Jost Facts
- While studying at the Harvard University, Jost participated in the college-edition of the game show The Weakest Link and won $5,250.
- After graduating from Harvard, Colin landed a job with Saturday Night Live as a writer. He became one of the youngest writers to be hired at the age of 22.
- In 2011, he was named as the Breakout Artist by Carolines on Broadway, which is one of the most recognized stand-up comedy clubs in the United States.
- His grandfather and great-grandfather were Staten Island firefighters.
- When Seth Meyer, the co-anchor of SNL’s Weekend Update segment, left the show to host NBC’s Late Night Show in February 2014, Colin came in as his replacement. He is the 3rd head writer to be promoted to the Weekend Update chair after Tina Fey and Seth Meyers.
- Colin has published 3 “Shouts and Murmurs” pieces in The New Yorker magazine and has written articles for many publications like The New York Times Magazine, Radar, The Huffington Post, and Staten Island Advance.
- Colin, along with his friends, used to reenact Saturday Night Live sketches and read the David Letterman Top 10 Lists for his teachers at his school.
- He has written and starred in the Netflix film Staten Island Summer, which also stars his brother Casey Jost. The film is inspired by his days in New York when he used to work as a lifeguard.
- His love for stand-up comedy has allowed him to travel all over the country performing gigs. He has also participated in comedy festivals like Just for Laughs.
- He enjoys playing golf in his spare time.
- Colin and Michael Che were declared the hosts of the 70th Primetime Emmy Awards to be aired on September 17, 2018.
Featured Image by Colin Jost / Instagram