|Iwan Rheon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 13, 1985|
Iwan Rheon is a Welsh actor, singer, stage actor, musician, voiceover artist, and producer who has gained popularity with his roles like Simon Bellamy in Misfits, Ramsay Bolton in Game of Thrones, and Mick Mars in The Dirt. He has also been cast in projects such as Inhumans, Grandma’s House, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, Urban Myths, Alien Invasion: S.U.M.1, Libertador, and Riviera.
Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire, Wales, United Kingdom
North London, England, United Kingdom
Iwan Rheon went to the Ysgol Gyfun Gymraeg Glantaf and it was there, he started his acting journey by appearing in school productions.
He later got admission at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art.
Actor, Singer, Musician, Stage Actor, Producer, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Tomos Rheon (Accountant)
- Mother – Einir Rheon (Social Worker)
- Sibling – Aled Rheon (Older Brother)
Iwan Rheon has been managed by –
- Jim Ingle of Mint Music UK
- Curtis Brown Group Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Indie folk, acoustic rock
Vocals and guitar
His music hasn’t been released under any label.
His first two EP’s were produced by Jonathan Quarmby and Kevin Bacon while his debut studio album was produced by James Unwin, James Clarke.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Iwan Rheon has dated –
- Antonia Thomas – It was rumored that he had a fling with British actress and singer Antonia Thomas in the past. The couple has also worked together in the British science fiction comedy-drama television show, Misfits.
- Zoë Grisedale – Iwan is in a relationship with actress and musician Zoë Grisedale. They had first met in Dinard, which is a town in France. He has even gone on to title his debut studio album after Dinard to profess his love for Zoe. He is pretty vocal about his love for her on social media. But prefers to keep her away from the spotlight and rarely speaks about her with media.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Welsh descent.
- Bright blue eyes
- Sharp and defined jawline
In 2012, he lent his voice to the “SAS Commando Day at Action Day UK” commercial.
Best Known For
- Having played the negative role of Ramsay Bolton in the popular fantasy series, Game of Thrones
- Being cast in the role of the brother of the lead character in the superhero adventure TV series, Inhumans
- Having portrayed the role of Simon Bellamy in the British comedy-drama series, Misfits from 2009 to 2011. For this role, he was nominated for the 2011 Golden Nymph Award for “Outstanding Actor – Drama Series” as well as the 2012 SFX Award for “Best Actor”.
In April 2015, Iwan released his debut studio album, Dinard.
In 2011, he made his film debut in the Welsh drama movie, Resistance.
First TV Show
From 2002 to 2004, Iwan appeared in the role of Macsen White in Welsh soap opera, Pobol y Cwm.
Iwan Rheon Favorite Things
- Musical Influences – Oasis and Radiohead
Source – IMDb
Iwan Rheon Facts
- He had initially auditioned for the role of Jon Snow in the Game of Thrones. He even was the other finalist along with Kit Harington for the character. However, he had to eventually settle down for the role of Ramsay Bolton.
- He had to audition separately for the role of Ramsay Bolton. He first had to send a tape and was called in for an audition as well. He has screen-tested for the role of Daario Naharis too.
- He loves soccer and while growing up, he used to record fake commentary in a recorder about imaginary soccer games.
- He has served as a wedding singer with the wedding band by the name of Classic Soul Dogs in his early struggling days.
- In 2003, he started a music band named, The Convictions. He served as the lyricist as well as the frontman of the band until 2008 when they decided to disband.
- He decided to enroll in the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA) on the advice of Pobol y Cwm producer Bethan Jones. He also applied to the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) but was only accepted at LAMDA.
- He is dyslexic and therefore, found it hard to study and write lessons while growing up. So, stage performances served as a great release for him.
- He first got his exposure to stage work while participating in local productions at the National Eisteddfod of Wales.
- As a stage actor, he has been cast in roles like Moritz Stiefel in Spring Awakening, Lyosha in Remembrance Day, Huw Prosser in The Devil Inside Him, and Al in Eight Miles High.
- For his performance in Spring Awakening, he won the Laurence Olivier Award for “Best Performance in a Supporting Role in a Musical” in 2010.
- In May 2016, he took part in the celebrity soccer match featuring soccer legends such as Fabio Cannavaro and Jermain Defoe, and celebrities such as Michael Sheen and Matthew Morrison. The match was held for the Soccer Aid charity.
- He is bilingual and is fluent in Welsh and English.
- On the HBO series, Game of Thrones, when he was filming Ramsey’s rape of Sansa Stark, that day was the worst day of Iwan’s acting career.
- He has been friends with Nathan Stewart-Jarrett, Antonia Thomas, Alfie Allen, and Lucy May Barker.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0