Cairns, Queensland, Australia
Brenton Thwaites went to the Cairns State High School in Far North Queensland and graduated in 2006.
Then, he got enrolled at the Queensland University of Technology (QUT) to study acting from where he graduated in 2010.
- Father – Peter Thwaites
- Mother – Fiona Thwaites
- Siblings – Stacey Thwaites (Sister)
Brenton Thwaites is represented by Industry Entertainment Productions LLC.
5 ft 11¼ in or 181 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Brenton Thwaites has dated
- Taylor Swift (2014) – Brenton was RUMORed to have gotten smitten by the pop star Taylor Swift in 2014. They had reportedly grown close during the shooting of the movie, The Giver, in which Swift had a minor role. The suspicions of them dating were aroused by their cozy display at the Toronto Film Festival.
- Chloe Pacey (2015-Present) – Brenton and Chloe Pacey were reported to be living as roommates, while Brenton was shooting for the Pirates movie in Australia. Eventually, they started going out. Brenton and Chloe made their first appearance as a couple at the Sydney premiere of The Heart of the Sea in November 2015. Chloe was already pregnant by then. In March 2016, Chloe gave birth to a daughter. By the end of 2016, they had got married. But it hasn’t been confirmed by Brenton’s representative.
Race / Ethnicity
- Athletic and ripped physique
- Thick eyebrows
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 40 in or 102 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14.5 in or 37 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
Brenton Thwaites hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand.
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being cast alongside Gerard Butler in the main role in the 2016 fantasy movie, Gods of Egypt.
- Portraying Stu Henderson in the Australian soap opera Home and Away.
Brenton Thwaites debuted with 2010 film, Charge Over You as Sam.
First TV Show
Brenton was first seen in the Black Flights episode of drama series Sea Patrol in 2011 in the role of Leigh Scarpia.
Along with the rest of Gods of Egypt cast, Brenton was trained by Klinton Hoare to prepare for his role in the movie. Not only he wanted Brenton to look aesthetically pleasing, but also fit enough for the intense action scenes. In the lead-up and while shooting for the movie, Brenton was training about 4 to 5 days a week with each session stretching on to about an hour.
His each workout session had him going through dynamic movement exercises, muscle building sessions and a specialized program to make some of his body parts more aesthetically pleasing for the movie.
Hoare believes that various workout styles such as Olympic lifting, power lifting, and metabolic conditioning have to be incorporated in fitness regime to get the best results. He even had Brenton getting up at 3:30 in the morning for metabolic conditioning and strength sessions.
Brenton Thwaites Favorite Things
- Food – Spaghetti and meatballs
- Color – Blue
- Movie – Robin Hood: Men in Tights! (1993)
- Inspirations – Heath Ledger and Hugh Jackman
Brenton Thwaites Facts
- While growing up, he developed a passion for surfing and it is one of the biggest things he misses about his home back in Australia.
- Brenton is very much into outdoor activities and along with surfing, he enjoys a host of others like skateboarding, hiking and jet skiing.
- He is very adept at bar flaring, which is a technical word for all the tricks, bartenders are often fond of performing.
- When he is not busy with shooting, he likes to unwind by strumming some of his favorite tunes on his guitar.
- After spending a lot of time with his The Giver co-star Jeff Bridges, he fell in love with photography and bought an old Nikon FE. Jeff gave him his first roll of film and taught him photography.
- While growing up, he wanted to become a firefighter or a policeman but later decided to focus completely on the acting career.
- While practicing to perfect an American accent, he used to pretend he was Jim Carrey. He also practiced some of Robbie Williams’ lines.
- Follow him on Instagram and Twitter.