|Kaya Scodelario Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||March 13, 1992|
Kaya Scodelario is an English actress and model who is known for having been cast in roles like Effy Stonem in the teen comedy-drama series Skins, Kat Baker in the Netflix drama series Spinning Out, Claire Redfield in the survival horror film Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City, Carina Smyth in the swashbuckler fantasy film Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, Catherine Earnshaw in the gothic romantic drama film Wuthering Heights, Teresa in the Maze Runner film series, Carole Ann Boone in the biographical crime drama film Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile, Emanuel in the thriller drama film The Truth About Emanuel, and Haley Keller in the disaster horror film Crawl.
Kaya Rose Humphrey
London, England, United Kingdom
She divides her time between –
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Kaya attended Islington Arts and Media School in London, UK. But, she faced the problem of bullying during school time. She spent her childhood with low self-respect, and this is where her passion to become an actress was born.
- Father – Roger Humphrey (English) (Died on November 22, 2010)
- Mother – Katia Scodelario (Brazilian)
- Others – Basil R. Humphrey (Paternal Grandfather), Mabel A. Benham (Paternal Grandmother), Inez Rosemari/Rosemary Moraes (Maternal Grandmother)
As a model, she was signed to Model1 for all the assignments from 2008 until 2013.
Later, she signed with Curtis Brown Group Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kaya Scodelario has dated –
- Jack O’Connell (2007-2009) – Kaya dated with her Skins co-star, Jack O’Connell from 2007 to June 2009. They separated amicably and still are good friends.
- Elliott Tittensor (2009-2014) – British actor, Elliott Tittensor started dating her in and around September 2009. Kaya assisted him in a court case in the past and this made their relationship more well known. The couple called it quits in 2014.
- Benjamin Walker (2014-Present) – Actor Benjamin Walker and Kaya started dating after they met during the filming of The Moon and the Sun in April 2014. On December 28, 2014, they got engaged and married in December 2015. She gave birth to their son in 2016. In September 2021, it was revealed that they were expecting their 2nd child together. Kaya gave birth to their 2nd child in January 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
Kaya Scodelario is of English descent on her father’s side and has Brazilian, Italian, and Portuguese ancestry on her mother’s side.
Thin body frame
32-23-34 in or 81-58.5-87 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU) or 5 (UK)
Best Known For
Playing the enigmatic Effy Stonem in the E4 teen drama series Skins from 2007 to 2010 and 2013 in a total of 26 episodes.
Kaya debuted with the 2009 British science fiction drama film Moon in which she played the role of Eve.
First TV Show
Kaya appeared first in the British teen drama television show Skins in 2007 where she played Effy Stonem in a total of 26 episodes.
Kaya says she can eat whatever she wants and still does not put on weight, just because she has a fast metabolism. Her metabolism may become slow after she turns 30.
Kaya Scodelario Facts
- She suffers from dyslexia.
- She uses her mother’s last name, instead of her father.
- Her mother is Brazilian while her dad is English. Her mom relocated to England in 1990.
- Her parents divorced when she was a child.
- She is fluent in Portuguese and English.
- In August 2012, she appeared on the cover of Elle Korea.
- She has appeared in Plan B’s couple of music videos such as “Stay Too Long” (2009), “She Said” (2010), “Love Goes Down” (2010), and others.
- She is a huge fan of Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- In 2010, Kaya was placed at #13 in FHM’s 100 World’s Sexiest Women (UK edition).
- She has been good friends with her Skins co-actresses Kathryn Prescott, Megan Prescott, Klariza Clayton, and Lily Loveless.
- In 2013, she starred as Emanuel in The Truth About Emanuel and this role won her the Ashland Independent Film Award for “Best Acting Ensemble: Feature” (shared with Jessica Biel, Alfred Molina, Frances O’Connor, Jimmi Simpson, and Aneurin Barnard).
- At 19, Kaya had auditioned for the role of Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games. However, the role had finally gone to Jennifer Lawrence.