|Pink Sweats Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||February 14, 1992|
Pink Sweats stylized as Pink Sweat$ is an American singer and songwriter who shot to fame after releasing his first EP Volume 1 (2018) from which the single Honesty reached the 23rd position on Spotify’s Global Viral Chart and the 10th place on Spotify’s US Viral Chart. He gained further popularity by releasing several other EPs such as Volume 2 (2019) and by dropping numerous albums including The Prelude (2020).
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
New York City, New York, United States
R&B, Soul, Pop
- Human Re Sources
- Atlantic Records
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Frizzy, afro hairstyle
- Fuller lips
Pink Sweats Favorite Things
- Mode Of Communication He Has Regarded As The First Language Of Everyone – Music as such a wide variety of things can be conveyed easily and so many emotions expressed only through a beat without even talking
- Idea Of True Happiness – Accomplishing goals after setting them and being able to execute something the way envisioned in the head or better
Source – DJ Booth
Pink Sweats Facts
- He has disclosed that he found music a bit later on in his life as a teenager. He used to play drums in church and he would play a song every Sunday. Pink Sweats has realized that he had freedom in his music as nobody would judge him and would praise him regardless of the quality of his performance. However, these sessions had helped him to practice and get better.
- Sweats has remembered that he would go to the club regularly and listen to music to understand what everyone was doing and then do the opposite himself. He used to enjoy listening to rap but did not crave to make that kind of music himself and instead became passionate to make songs for people who wanted to take a break from the stereotypical music, the kind which would help people to wind down and relax involving minimal sounds.
- Pink Sweats has recalled that initially he was essentially only a songwriter and did not have any other aspirations. He would go to the studio for a couple of months and he had gone through a pink wave where he used to wear pink sweatpants every single day. When he was not around, a young man at the studio had looked for him referring to him as “pink sweats”. When he had come to know that, he had loved the name and stated that if he ever became an artist, that would be his name. He wanted to stylize it and so had put the money sign at the end making it “Pink Sweat$” as being a writer he has noticed that although the music industry is a beautiful place, one can easily be misled to believe that he or she is not worth getting paid. So with the money sign in his name, he has wanted to convey that it is not about the money, nevertheless, money is in there, as artists must be able to sustain his or her own life.
Featured Image by Pink Sweats / Instagram