|Nghtmre Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||October 11, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Nghtmre is an American musician and DJ, best known for creating an untitled song that Skrillex featured during his set at Ultra Music Festival in 2014, which skyrocketed his career. He was quickly signed to Mad Decent record label founded by Diplo, a well-known DJ, and released his 1st song titled Street in 2015. Nghtmre’s 1st festival performance was at EDC Las Vegas 2015, after which he went on to hit every major festival in North America such as Lollapalooza, TomorrowWorld, Freak Night, Moonrise, and LifeInColor Festival. After only 6 months of touring in America, he went on the headline in 6 cities in Australia, and then every major venue in North America such as Beta, Elektricity, Webster Hall, The Mid, Avalon, and others.
After regularly touring and becoming great friends with SLANDER, a well-known DJ duo, they released a collaborative EP titled Nuclear Bonds in October 2015. A new project followed, this time a solo EP album self-titled Nghtmre, released on March 25, 2016, signed by Mad Decent Label. In June of the same year, he released a single titled Feel Your Love with Flux Pavilion, a well known EDM producer and DJ, and then Frontlines, a single in collaboration with a duo of producers under the name Zeds Dead. Nghtmre’s 3rd EP, Magic Hour, was a massive success when it was publicly released on June 15, 2018. It was once again a collaboration, this time with rapper Pell, after which he collaborated with The Chainsmokers on Save Yourself song and a single titled Bang with Lil Jon and Shaquille O’Neal.
Tyler Scott Marenyi
Ty, Tyler, Nghtmre, NGHTMRE
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Tyler attended North Raleigh Christian Academy in Raleigh, North Carolina, United States, and graduated in 2008. He then attended Elon University in Elon, North Carolina, United States, where he received a degree in Finance.
After moving to Los Angeles, California, Tyler enrolled into Icon Collective Music Production School.
- Father – Tamás Róbert Marényi
- Mother – Ruth Ann (Sally)
- Siblings – Sami Marenyi (Sister). He also has 1 brother.
- Others – Ernő “Ernest” Marényi (Paternal Grandfather), Márta “Martha” Frimmel (Paternal Grandmother), John Lea Sally Jr. (Maternal Grandfather), Betty Ruth Cunningham (Sally) (Maternal Grandmother), John Lea Sally (Maternal Grand-Grandfather), Mary Lee Adcock (Maternal Great-Grandmother), James Edwin Cunningham (Maternal Grand-Grandfather), Ruth Louise Hobgood (Maternal Great-Grandmother), Gábor Péter Marényi (Paternal Uncle)
Nghtmre is represented by –
- Circle Talent Agency in North America and Asia
- We Are BBE in Australia and New Zealand
- Primary Talent Agency in Europe
- Unfolded PR (Press Contact)
- Prodigy Artists (Management, Customer Service)
Electro House, Trap, Dubstep, House, Progressive House, Future Bass
Ableton Live software
- Mad Decent (2015-2018)
- Gud Vibrations (2018-Present)
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He has Hungarian ancestry on his paternal side, and English, American, Scottish, Irish, Scots-Irish, and small amounts of Cornish, Dutch, French, German, and Welsh ancestry on his maternal side.
- Medium-length haircut
- Stubble facial hair
- Tall, slim physique
He has endorsed his own brand of merchandise, named Gud Vibrations.
Best Known For
- Working with a DJ duo SLANDER in form of numerous collaborations and tours
- Releasing EPs such as Nuclear Bonds (2015), Nghtmre (2016), and Magic Hour (2018), all released under Mad Decent recording label
- Collaborating with DJs and Artists such as Carmada, Ghastly, Afro, Loudpvck, Zeds Dead, Flux Pavilion, Dillon Francis, and others
As a Singer
Nghtmre’s debut EP (extended play) album, Nuclear Bonds, was released on October 13, 2015, in collaboration with the DJ duo SLANDER consisting of Derek Andersen and Scott Land. His second EP was a solo project titled Nghtmre and released on March 25, 2016.
First TV Show
Nghtmre made his TV show debut in a TV series documentary titled Uncharted in 2016, in an episode titled Lookback – NGHTMRE.
Nghtmre Favorite Things
- Activity – Traveling, Cooking
- Food – Baguette
- Snack – Kit Kat
- Animal – Dog
- Breed – Husky
- Country – Israel
- His artist name is pronounced “nightmare.”
- He was called the “next multi-genre prodigy” by some critics, and “Skrillex 2.0” by the EarMilk.com website that features up growing and coming artists in various music genres.
- Porter Robinson, RL Grime, Yellow Claw, Snails, and Bro Safari have all had praised him for his DJing skills and musicianship through first 3 years of his career.
- Nghtmre worked with LOUDPVCK, a well known DJ and producer to release a single titled Click Clack in 2016, under Skrillex’s recording label OWSLA.
- He had a very memorable appearance in the lineup of the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in 2017.
- In April 2016, he collaborated with Krewella and Pegboard Nerds to release a single titled Superstar via the Monstercat recording label, and then with a producer Dillon Francis on a single Need You.
- His 2nd EP, Nghtmre, reached the 17th spot on the US Dance chart in 2016.
- He joined a residency with Hakkasan Group in 2019, which is a global hospitality company dedicated to creating a world-class experience in food, service, design, music, and innovation worldwide.
- Nghtmre announced a new song was in the making on February 19, 2019, after a successful session in the studio with Purple Riot, another well-known DJ.
- He performed 3 times until February 2019 on Holy Ship, which is a unique, premier electronic dance music cruise, containing 7 stages, all amenities, and has a limited amount of spots on it.
- Shaquille O’Neal called Nghtmre “the Larry Bird of EDM”. Larry Bird is a world-renowned professional basketball player for the NBA and was a member of “The Dream Team” that won the gold medal in 1992 at the Summer Olympics.
- He collaborated with Wiz Khalifa on a song named TTM in 2017.
- In May 2018, he performed a song titled ID in collaboration with A$AP Ferg at the EDC Las Vegas Festival. The song was teased since early 2017, and on November 20, 2018, A$AP Ferg notified his fans that the music video for the Nightmare on Ferg St. song was completed, which was the 2nd collaboration with Nghtmre.
- Visit his official website @ www.nghtmre.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, SoundCloud, Beatport, Spotify, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Nghtmre / Instagram