|Russ Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 26, 1992|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Russ is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, musician, record producer, and author who has also been a part of a music collective from Atlanta named Diemon. He has released a number of popular tracks and albums which include the likes of There’s Really a Wolf, Zoo, Losin Control, Nighttime, and Rent Free.
Russell James Vitale
Secaucus, New Jersey, United States
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Russ left his education mid-way in 2011 to devote his time to make music.
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Musician, Author
- Siblings – He has 3 siblings.
- Others – Frank A. Vitale (Paternal Grandfather), Rosalie Giamanco (Paternal Grandmother), Robert McNiece (Maternal Grandfather), Alba Margaret Scala (Maternal Grandmother)
Cara Lewis manages Russ.
Hip hop, Alternative hip hop, R&B
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Mandolin, Ukulele
- Diemon Records
- Columbia Records
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Russ has Sicilian/Italian and Irish ancestry.
Russ has heterochromia and, hence, has two different eye colors.
His left eye is dark brown and his right eye is light brown.
- His raspy drunken voice
- Curly hair
Best Known For
Singing the popular songs What They Want and Losin Control, which were ranked on the US Billboard Hot 100 at #83 and 63 respectively.
- Russ was always engaged in songwriting. He was only 7 when he started writing rap songs and lyrics and at the age of 14, he started making his own compositions.
- He and his friends Bugus, Dartlin, Paulo, DJ Adam Golden, Macivan Musa, John Anthony, and the rest formed the musical collective known as DIEMON: Do It Everyday Music Or Nothing.
- On May 5, 2017, he released his 12th studio album, There’s Really a Wolf, through Diemon and Columbia Records. The album comprised of tracks such as I Wanna Go Down with You, Losin Control, and What They Want and was peaked at number #7 on the US Billboard 200 chart and at number #4 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart. It was certified ‘Platinum’ by the United States (RIAA).
- He was nominated for the 2017 Woodie Award for “Woodie To Watch”.
- He once revealed that people think he’s from Saudi-Arabia.
- In September 2017, after he wore a t-shirt the print on which said, “How much xans and lean do you have to do before you realize you’re a fucking loser”, he was criticized by several artists including Lil Pump and J. Cole and the phrase “F*ck Russ” became popular.
- He self-produces all his music and music videos.
- In February 2020, he appeared as a musical guest on the late-night talk show, Jimmy Kimmel Live!.
Featured Image by Russ / Instagram