|Pop Smoke Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 20, 1999|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Pop Smoke was an American rapper and songwriter who was establishing himself in the music industry and had released a couple of mixtapes and singles including Meet the Woo, Meet the Woo 2, and Welcome to the Party before his career was cut short as he died in 2020. He had also garnered a huge social media fan base with more than 2 million followers on Instagram and more than 80k followers on Twitter.
Bashar Barakah Jackson
Pop Smoke, Papa, Smoke Oh Guap
He was born on July 20, 1999.
He died at the age of 20 on February 19, 2020, after he was shot during a home invasion in Hollywood Hills, California, United States.
New York City, New York, United States
He lived in Hollywood Hills, California, United States.
Hip Hop, Drill
Victor Victor, Republic Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Pop Smoke had Jamaican roots on his mother’s side and was of Panamanian descent on his father’s side.
- Sported cornrow braids
- Pointed chin
- Pierced ears
He had either endorsed or promoted a couple of brands through social media such as Louis Vuitton, CHANEL, Dior, etc.
Pop Smoke Facts
- He grew up in Canarsie, Brooklyn, New York.
- His stage name ‘Pop Smoke’ was a combination of 2 of his nicknames – Papa (a nickname given to him by his Panamanian grandmother) and Smoke Oh Guap (a nickname given to him by childhood friends).
- Pop Smoke released his first mixtape, Meet the Woo, on July 26, 2019, and it included tracks such as Welcome to the Party, Better Have Your Gun, and Dior. It was ranked at number #173 in the US Billboard 200 chart.
- On February 7, 2020, he released his 2nd mixtape, Meet the Woo 2, and it was ranked at number #5 in the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart and at number #7 in the US Billboard 200 chart. The mixtape included songs such as Shake the Room, Sweetheart, and Armed n Dangerous and also featured artists like A Boogie wit da Hoodie, Fivio Foreign, Gunna, Lil Tjay, PnB Rock, and Nav.
- Pop Smoke was also involved in a few legal troubles including his arrest at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York on January 17, 2020, on the charge of illegal transportation of a stolen vehicle.
- His 2nd posthumous album, Faith was released on July 16, 2021, and was placed at the #1 spot on the Billboard 200 chart.
Featured Image by Pop Smoke / Instagram