|Jimin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8.5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 13, 1995|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jimin is a South Korean singer known for being a member of the K-pop band, Bangtan Boys. He has also done endorsement work for various popular brands like Puma, Vans, BBQ Chicken, and Nugu. He was the last member to be added to the music group, BTS (Bangtan Boys) and they released their first album titled 2 Cool 4 Skool in June 2013.
Geumjeong District, Busan, South Korea
Jimin first went to Hodong Elementary School in Busan and then to Yonsan Middle School. There, he was part of the Just Dance Academy.
attended the Busan High School of Arts and studied modern dance at the institute.
In 2014, he graduated from Korean Arts High School. In August 2020, Jimin graduated from Global Cyber University with expertise in Broadcasting and Entertainment.
Finally, in 2021, he started going to Hanyang Cyber University to do his MBA in Advertising and Media.
- Siblings – Park Ji-hyun (Younger Brother)
As a part of the BTS band, Jimin is represented by Big Hit Entertainment.
- Big Hit Entertainment
- Pony Canyon
- Def Jam Japan
5 ft 8.5 in or 174 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He often tends to dye his hair ‘blonde’, ‘red’, ‘pink’ or ‘dark brown’.
Dark Brown (Natural)
He is often seen wearing blue-colored contact lenses.
His outlandish hair colors
Jimin has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- BBQ Chicken
- SK Telecom
In January 2023, Jimin was named Dior‘s global ambassador.
In March 2023, he was appointed as the ambassador for the luxury jewelry brand, Tiffany & Co.
Best Known For
Being a member of the successful K-pop band, Bangtan Boys
As a member of the band Bangtan Boys, he released his first album 2 Cool 4 Skool in June 2013. Their song No More Dream from the album managed to win several awards at the Golden Disc Awards and Melon Music Awards.
As a solo artist, he released his debut album titled FACE in March 2023. FACE became the first album by a solo artist in Hanteo history to sell more than a million copies on the first day of its release.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance in 2013 as himself in the reality TV series Rookie King: Channel Bangtan.
During an interview in 2017, Jimin had admitted to resorting to severe diets in his quest to look handsome. During the band’s Blood, Sweat & Tears era, he was surviving on only one meal per day.
He revealed that he consumed only 4 chunks of chicken breasts for a year and experienced malnutrition by losing 15 lbs. As a result of his extreme weight loss, he would pass out during dance rehearsals. After his confession, there was a wave of support from fans on Twitter with the hashtag #Jiminyouareperfect.
Jimin Favorite Things
- Superhero – Hulk
- Karaoke Song – Only Look At Me by Taeyang
- Fashion Brand – Gucci
- Bollywood Film – 3 Idiots (2009)
- He considers Taeyang from Big Bang as his major influence.
- In May 2017, his band BTS became the first K-pop band in history to win the Billboards Top Social Artist award beating the likes of Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, and Ariana Grande.
- His hobbies include drawing and he has revealed that he likes to draw while visiting foreign countries.
- He grew up listening to American artist Chris Brown.
- He has admitted that his celebrity crush is none other than his fellow band member J-Hope.
- Suggestions for his initial stage names included Baby J and Kid, but he decided to keep his real name Jimin in the end.
- At the 2016 Idol Star Athletics Championships, he was voted as the favorite idol, by many female K-pop stars.
- He was the last member to be added to the group Bangtan Boys.
- In 2017, there were death threats made against Jimin after trolls began spreading rumors that he hated international fans. Things escalated when a particular troll sent out online images of blood and guns and promised to take action at BTS’s upcoming concert at the Honda Center in California. Following this, the hashtag #ArmysWillProtectJimin was trending and the label Big Hit Entertainment worked with the authorities to ensure a safe concert for BTS.
- He has a tattoo of the number “13” on his wrist.
- In January 2022, Jimin was hospitalized due to acute appendicitis and later underwent surgery. After the surgical procedure, he was tested positive for COVID-19.
- In January 2023, Jimin and Taeyang released a new song titled VIBE.
- In March 2023, Jimin released a new song titled Set Me Free Pt.2. The song debuted at No. 1 on Oricon‘s “daily digital singles chart” and at No. 6 on Spotify’s “Global Top Songs chart”.
- In March 2023, Jimin’s solo track titled Like Crazy reached the No. 1 spot on Spotify’s daily “Global Top Songs” chart with 6,013,972 plays. With this, he became the first-ever Korean solo artist to reach No. 1 on Spotify’s chart. Jimin also became the first-ever South Korean soloist to reach the No. 1 spot on Billboard’s “Hot 100” chart with this single.
- In May 2023, Jimin teamed up with Kodak Black, NLE Choppa, JVKE, and Muni Long for a new song titled Angel Pt.1, which was also featured in the 2023 film Fast X.
- In September 2023, it was revealed that Jimin and all the other members of BTS had renewed their contracts with BigHit Music.
Featured Image AJEONG_JM / Tistory / CC BY-4.0