|NLE Choppa Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||November 1, 2002|
NLE Choppa is an American rapper who broke through with his hit 2019 single titled Shotta Flow, which received ‘Platinum’ certification from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). His subsequent singles, Shotta Flow 2 and Capo also earned ‘Gold’ certification making NLE Choppa a rising star in the young rapping scene of Southern United States. He is also a popular teen sensation with more than 3.5 million followers on Instagram.
Bryson Lashun Potts
Baby Mexico, YNR Choppa, NLE Choppa
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
NLE Choppa has attended the Cordova High School in his hometown of Memphis.
- Mother – Angela Ellis Potts
He is represented by –
- Angela Potts, General Manager
- Sharron Elkabas, Booking Agent, MN2S Talent Agency, Miami, Florida, United States
Hip Hop, Southern Hip Hop, Trap, Gangsta Rap
- UnitedMasters Music Company
- Warner Records Inc.
- No Love Entertainment
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
NLE Choppa has dated –
- Mariah (2019–Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Jamaican descent.
- Side-cropped Afro hairstyle
- Wears a locket with ‘No Love Ent’ mentioned on it
- Has a tattoo marked ‘Cottonwood’ on his right arm; the street where he grew up
- Cut marks on both eyebrows
- Sports a thin mustache
NLE Choppa Favorite Things
- Music Genre – Reggae
- Rapper – Lil Wayne, NBA YoungBoy, Meek Mill, and Lil Durk
- Musicians – Shabba Ranks, Bob Marley
- Sport – Basketball
- Basketball Players – Kobe Bryant, Manu Ginobili, Peja Stojakovic
- Songs – Costa Rica (2019), Dynamic Duo (2019), Big Tyme (2019), Spongy (2019), and Uckers (2019)
NLE Choppa Facts
- As a youngster, NLE Choppa was a sports enthusiast and grew up playing basketball. He had just a passing interest in music and used to freestyle with his friends, only taking music seriously at the age of 15.
- Once he started to show an interest in pursuing a career in rap music, his mother Angela Potts became his manager and has continued to review his contracts, manage his music video shoots, and look after all the logistics.
- His first song titled No Love Anthem was released in February 2018 under the stage name YNR Choppa. In July 2018, he launched his first mixtape titled No Love the Takeover.
- NLE Choppa’s breakout 2019 single Shotta Flow peaked at number 36 on the Billboard Hot 100 charts and its video garnered more than 10 million views within a month of its release. The song’s sequel, Shotta Flow 2 also received more than 20 million views within 2 months of its launch.
- After the success of his 2019 singles Shotta Flow and Shotta Flow 2, he was involved in a bidding war as major labels like Republic, Interscope and Caroline Records, all wanted to sign him. However, he reportedly turned down multimillion-dollar contracts to sign a deal with UnitedMasters, which allowed him to keep all the rights to his music and also allowed him to start his label.
- In May 2019, NLE Choppa released a new single titled Blocc Is Hot, which was a tribute to his favorite rapper, Lil Wayne. The same month, he performed in the Beale Street Music Festival in his hometown of Memphis. It was his first such performance and received much critical acclaim.
- In June 2019, he released his first single on his new label No Love Entertainment. The song was titled Free Youngboy and was in support of the rapper NBA YoungBoy who was arrested for violating his parole.
- His September 2019 single titled Camelot peaked at number 37 and became his 2nd Top 40 song, after his breakout song Shotta Flow.
- NLE Choppa has also served some time at a juvenile detention center for an unspecified duration of time. He has rarely spoken about the reason of his detention or the duration of his sentence. However, in a YouTube interview, he has acknowledged that the time that he served there was an eye-opener and encouraged him to correct the course of his life.
- In October 2019, he contributed USD 5k to the relief efforts of the American Red Cross after a tornado had battered his hometown of Memphis.
Featured Image by NLE Choppa / Facebook