|Linda Hunt Quick Info|
|Height||4 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 2, 1945|
Linda Hunt is an American actress who rose to fame with her portrayal of Billy Kwan in The Year of Living Dangerously (1982), for which she had received an Academy Award, hence, making her the first person to have been presented with an Oscar for “portraying a character of the opposite sex.” Nevertheless, she has also made many other notable appearances in films such as in Dune (1984), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Pocahontas (1995), and Stranger Than Fiction (2006) to name a few.
Lydia Susanna Hunt
Morristown, New Jersey, United States
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Linda attended the Interlochen Arts Academy, Michigan before going on to attain her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the Goodman School of Drama at the Art Institute of Chicago.
- Father – Raymond Davy Hunt (1902–1985) (Vice president of Harper Fuel Oil)
- Mother – Elsie Doying Hunt (1903–c.1994) (Piano Teacher at Westport School of Music, Performed along with Saugatuck Congregational Church Choir)
- Siblings – Marcia (Older Sister) (b. 1940)
Linda is represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
In 2020, Linda Hunt’s net worth was $12 Million according to Celebrity Net Worth.
4 ft 9 in or 145 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Linda has dated –
- Karen Kline (1978-Present) – Linda has been in a relationship with retired psychotherapist Karen Kline since 1978. Almost 3 decades after they had first started dating, Karen and Linda finally tied the knot in 2008.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English ancestry.
- Her husky voice
- Petite physical appearance
Linda has appeared in the commercials for various brands including FedEx, Lexus, Tylenol, and Simply Sleep.
Linda Hunt Facts
- She was brought up in Westport, Connecticut.
- Linda was diagnosed with hypopituitary dwarfism during her teenage years.
- In the past, Linda was chosen to be an ambassador for Best Friends Animal Society. She is also an admirer of penguins
- As of 2021, she had been working as a lecturer of media and communication at the University of Tasmania.
- Linda was injured during a multicar pileup that happened in Los Angeles in July 2018. Hence, she had been absent for an entire year of the filming of NCIS: Los Angeles.
- She has lent her vocals as the narrator of the God of War game series.
- Linda made her debut theatrical film appearance as Mrs. Oxheart in Popeye in 1980.
Featured Image By Red Carpet Report on Ming / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0