|Zac Brown Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||July 31, 1978|
Zac Brown is well known for his contribution to the country and bluegrass genre. He is the founding member of the country band, Zac Brown Band. The band has released several chart-topping singles such as Highway 20 Ride, Toes, As She’s Walking Away, Free, Colder Weather, Keep Me in Mind, Knee Deep, Goodbye in Her Eyes, and Sweet Annie. They have also released several commercially successful music albums with some of them earning platinum certification from RIAA.
Zachary Alexander Brown
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Zac Brown went to the Mashburn Elementary School. Later, he got enrolled at the Lakeview Academy, a Gainesville based college preparatory school.
He also studied at the South Forsyth High School. He completed his high school education from Lumpkin County High School and then got enrolled at the University of West Georgia.
- Father – Jim Brown
- Mother – Bettye Moses
- Siblings – Wynn Brown (Brother). Overall, he has 11 siblings and he is the 2nd youngest.
- Others – Dr. Jody Moses (Stepfather) (Dentist)
Zac Brown’s music band is represented by Roar, Llc. (Artist Management Company).
Country, Bluegrass, Southern Rock, Hard Rock
Bigger Picture Group, Southern Ground, Atlantic, RPM, Big Machine, Republic, Elektra Records
5 ft 9 in or 180 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Zac Brown has dated –
- Shelly Brown (2006-2018) – In 2016, Zac got married to Shelly Brown, a jewelry designer, in an intimate and romantic wedding ceremony. They had initially met through a mutual friend. Over the course of their marriage, she gave birth to 5 children – a son, Alexander, and 4 daughters, Joni, Lucy, Justice, and Georgia. In October 2018, they released a joint statement revealing that they had decided to end their marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
- Bushy Beard
- Often wears a fedora
Zac Brown and his band have appeared in TV commercials for the following brands –
- Jack Daniel
- Radio City
Best Known For
Being the founding member of the American country band, Zac Brown Band. The band is best known for the commercial success of their studio album, The Foundation, which was certified platinum 5 times in the United States. His band has also released several other platinum-certified studio albums including You Get What You Give, Jekyll + Hyde, and Uncaged.
In 2004, his music band released their debut studio album, Far from Einstyne.
First TV Show
In 2014, Zac Brown made his first TV show appearance in Just For What I Am episode of the music drama show, Nashville.
Zac Brown has changed his lifestyle and dietary habits to take control of his life and to shed a lot of weight. He regularly spends an hour working out on Arc Trainer. He gets his remaining workout done by running after his young children.
He has also overhauled his diet and has completely cut red meat out of his food. He only eats lean protein such as fish. Moreover, he has refrained from including butter, cheese, and cream to anything that he eats.
Zac Brown Favorite Things
- Food – Fried Chicken
- Childhood Inspiration – James Taylor
Source – WGNA.com, Wikipedia
Zac Brown Facts
- When he was 8 years old, he was given his mother’s guitar. Then, one of his stepfather’s patients was asked to give Zac guitar lessons.
- He took guitar lessons for 2 years but then he fell in love with bluegrass music and started focusing more on it.
- While growing up, he used to play with his brother and father on the weekend visits.
- He took vocal training for a year with a vocal coach from his church in Cumming during his mid-teens.
- While studying in high school, he started playing solo gigs at local venues. He used to perform covers of popular country and pop songs.
- While studying in the university, he was a member of the Zeta Kappa chapter of the Kappa Alpha Order fraternity.
- He has worked as a camp counselor at a United Methodist summer camp called Camp Glisson. He worked in the same position at Camp Mikell in Toccoa, Georgia.
- In 2004, he and his father opened a music club and restaurant called Zac’s Place in the Lake Oconee area of Georgia.
- The restaurant was eventually bought by a developer and Zac used the funds to buy a tour bus and start touring full-time. The funds also helped in the production of his band’s album, Home Grown.
- In January 2013, his band performed the U.S. National Anthem during an NFC Championship match involving Seattle Seahawks and the San Francisco 49ers.
- In January 2015, his band announced a 4-way strategic deal with the Southern Ground Artists record label, Big Machine Label Group, Republic Records, and John Varvatos Records for the release of their 4th studio album.
- He has started a non-profit camp called Camp Southern Ground in Fayetteville, Georgia. The camp has supported Little Kids Rock which aims to provide music education programmes to the disadvantaged public schools.
- In 2003, he started his own record label, Home Grown, which was later renamed as Southern Ground.
- Before he started focusing full-time on his music career, he used to work as a chef.
- In September 2021, Zac revealed that he had been tested positive for COVID-19.
- Visit his band’s official website @ zacbrownband.com.
- He doesn’t have any personal social media accounts.
Featured Image by David Lamarand / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0