Lil Boosie, Boosie Badazz
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Boosie studied at McKinley High School in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
He completed his GED certification later at the age of 30 while serving an 8-year prison sentence in Louisiana’s Angola State Prison.
Songwriter, Singer, Rapper, Actor, Entrepreneur
- Father – Ray Hatch (Construction Worker, expired in 1997 due to a brain tumor)
- Mother – Connie Hatch (School Teacher)
- Siblings – Taquari Jamar Hatch (Older Brother) (Entertainment Manager)
- Others – Cameron Sutton (Cousin) (NFL Player)
- Richard De La Font Agency, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Taquari Jamar Hatch (Manager)
- Sydney Margetson (Publicist)
Hip-Hop, Southern Hip-hop, Gangsta Rap
- Bad Azz Music Syndicate
- Trill Entertainment
- Atlantic Records
5 ft 5¾ in or 167 cm
63.5 kg or 140 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Boosie has slept with several women throughout his life. It is also not possible to confirm the tentative period of his relationship with the following women due to lack of monogamy and absence of official declarations /statements concerning his partners.
- Walnita Decuir – Boosie has the longest history with Walnita (known as Nita to close friends) among all the women he has dated. They have known each other for many years because of which some people and media publications mistakenly believe that they are married. Supporters of Walnita even address her as the real Mrs. Badazz but truth-be-told, she failed to lock down Boosie in marriage. She is his ex-fiance. In 2010, she was caught trying to sneak in drugs to Boosie when he was serving his time in jail and was charged with five years supervised probation without any jail time. Ever since she has launched her own make-up line and published a semi-autobiographical book When the Music Stops (2014), Walnita moved on and got married to another man in May 2017. She has three kids with rapper Boosie: His oldest daughter and child Iviona (b. December 2001), son Ivy Ray Hatch and another son named Michael Jordan Hatch.
- Trivia Weatherspoon – She is the mother of Boosie’s second oldest child – a daughter named Ty. Her full name is possibly Tarlaysia.
- Tracy Taylor – Boosie had his third son with Tracy and named him Torrence Taylor, lovingly called Tootie by family members.
- Gerlissa Haze – She is the mother of Lyric Bey, Boosie’s third oldest daughter.
- Rachael Wagner – She is the mother of Boosie’s fourth daughter, Tori possibly short for Torianna. In May 2017, there was news that she went to court claiming Boosie was holding on to Tori without legal custody.
- Deiondra Sanders – In her memoir, When the Music Stops (2014), Walnita provides details about her personal life using fictional names. This was the first source where people found out that she felt betrayed when Boosie, after getting released from jail, moved on and started dating Deiondra Sanders, daughter of former American football and baseball player, Deion Sanders. However, Deiondra could not handle the attention and negative heat targeted at their relationship and they soon broke up.
- Eighth daughter Laila Jean – Boosie’s eighth child was born in June 2016. The identity of the mother of his 8th child, Laila Jean Hatch is not confirmed. There is a possibility he had it with a woman named Courtney.
As of 2017, Boosie has 8 biological kids – Three sons and five daughters. He aspires to be a father to 10 kids and would also like to have twins. He has gone on record to state he never wants to get married because his lifestyle does not allow him to stay absolutely faithful to one woman. He can stay sincere to a woman without the paperwork but cannot assure absolute fidelity. Boosie pays all his baby mothers equal amount of money to ensure all his kids are well looked after when they are not living with him.
Adopted Children – Two of Boosie’s best friends were murdered: Ivy Smith aka Lil Ivy in April 2005 and Darryl Milton aka Bleek in April 2010, who was also his cousin. Heartbroken by their untimely death, Boosie adopted Ivy’s son, Trell and Bleek’s daughter, E’mairi Nicole.
Race / Ethnicity
He has African-American and possibly could have part Hispanic ancestry.
- Muscular Build covered in tattoos
- Close-cropped Signature Hairstyle called the Boosie Fade
- Wears a lot of flashy gold jewelry
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 40 in or 102 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
10 (US) or 9 (UK) or 43 (EU)
- He is constantly hustling to push his own apparel line called Jewel House clothing. He stated in a 2015 interview that his line made 4 million in 8 months.
- He launched his own record label called Bad Azz Music Syndicate.
- He released a vodka in his name called Boosie Juice.
- In September 2016, he announced on social media that Badazz audio, headphones in his name are out for purchase.
Best Known For
His studio album Touch Down 2 Cause Hell (2015), his first after getting out of jail debuted at number 3 on the Billboard 200.
At the age of 17 (in August 2000), Boosie released Youngest of da Camp (2000) via Camp Life Entertainment.
He first attempted acting in a very small budget indie project, On the Grind (2006) and later was seen in Ghetto Stories (2010).
First TV Show
In 2014, he was first seen in the news show Revolt Live as a guest.
- In 2006, Boosie publicly shared that he suffered from diabetes. As a result, he always had a very thin, lean frame in his teens and throughout his 20s.
- In November 2015, Boosie asked his fans to pray for him when he was diagnosed with kidney cancer. He lost half his kidney in an extremely invasive surgery in December 2015 but was declared cancer free soon after. When some people accused him of faking his cancer seeking sympathy from his fans, Boosie posted a post-surgery picture of his stitches on Instagram.
- By the beginning of 2016, Boosie was extremely thin and cancer treatment made him lose more than 40 pounds of his body weight. Thereafter, he got a personal trainer to help him pack muscle. He does not follow any particular diet. He follows a simple routine of lifting weights and eating as much as he can.
- Other than fitness, Boosie’s priority behind lifting weights is to look jacked and strong and not come across as an underweight weakling. He makes it a point to train at least 5 times a week.
Boosie Badazz Favorite Things
- Rapper – Tupac Shakur
- Food – Chicken Wings, Fruit Salad, Deviled Eggs
- Holy Bible Scripture – Psalm 23
Source – YouTube.com, The Boombox, Rap-Up
Boosie Badazz Facts
- His father expired soon after his 14th birthday which caused him to drop out of school and take to the streets to look for ways to make money and provide for his family.
- He was a brilliant basketball player in high school and developed a knack for poetry/essay writing in third grade.
- In an interview, Boosie admitted that it was tough for him to do a regular job to earn a few 100 dollars in his teens when he saw that thousands could be earned selling drugs.
- He was convicted three times for possession of marijuana. In his defense, he claims the quantity he was carrying for personal use was very small each of those times (5 grams, 17 grams, and 7 grams)
- Boosie claims that if it was up to him, he would make marijuana legal since it’s a drug used to ease stress and pain. Most people smoke weed to sit back on a couch and relax.
- In his opinion, alcohol consumption kills more people than any other anti-social habit while heroin and crystal meth are the most lethal drugs.
- In 2010, additional charges were pressed upon Boosie for the first-degree murder of Terry Boyd. He was declared not guilty in 2012. He was likely to face the death penalty, had the jury found him guilty.
- While awaiting his sentence, he was serving time on a death row in the harshest prison of his state, Louisiana State Penitentiary, Angola. For two and half years, he was under isolated lock-down for 23.5 hours a day during which he lived in constant worry of getting out alive.
- Boosie said that a few guards in the prison treated him well because he was a celebrity but most others hated him and treated him badly for the same reason.
- While in jail, Boosie wrote more than 1000 songs. He claims that the two years of rap music he created after getting out of jail was creatively the best work he could do.
- Boosie’s time in prison lasted from 2009 – 2014. He was shocked by the progress made in smartphone applications when he came out and was particularly taken aback by Facetime on his iPhone.
- He dropped ‘Lil’ from his name after getting out of prison because he wanted to be addressed as ‘Mr.’ The prefix ‘Lil’ irritated him considering he felt like a grown man who is a responsible father to several children.
- He is a family man who has his close relatives’ names tattooed on his back, kids’ names across his chest, late father’s name on his right bicep and dead best friends’ names on his left bicep.
- He owns gold jewelry worth more than a million dollars but claims he does not pay anything for it. Instead, he usually brings several other well-paying customers to those jewelers to sky-rocket their business.
- Boosie has made it mandatory for all his three sons to constantly wear his trademarked, signature hairstyle called the Boosie Fade.
- He is very protective of his children and does not let them play with toy guns. Worried about police brutality and keeping in mind several cases where cops shot black people over a petty issue, Boosie worries his kids could get shot by a cop on a street if they saw a toy gun in their hands.
- Boosie hates the idea of dating famous and successful women to get more fame and gain access to more opportunities.
- Catch a glimpse of Boosie’s struggle with the law and the hardships he had to face in his life along with his drive to push through it all in a 40-minute documentary here.
- Visit his official website @ officialboosie.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.