|Jessica Pegula Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 24, 1994|
Jessica Pegula is an American professional tennis player who is adept at both the singles and doubles formats of the sport having broken into the ‘Top 40’ of the official WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) singles rankings in March 2021 and the ‘Top 100’ of the official doubles rankings in October 2020. She had reached the 3rd round of the US Open in 2020 and came into the limelight after making it to the quarter-final of the 2021 Australian Open. In the doubles format, she had reached the quarter-final of the 2020 French Open.
Buffalo, Erie County, New York, United States
Palm Beach County, Florida, United States
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Terrence ‘Terry’ Michael Pegula (Businessman, Real Estate Developer, Owner of Pegula Sports and Entertainment which owns the Buffalo Sabres in the National Hockey League (NHL), the Buffalo Bills of the National Football League (NFL); Owner of the Rochester Americans in the American Hockey League (AHL), Owner of the Buffalo Bandits and the Rochester Knighthawks in the National Lacrosse League (NLL), Owner of JKLM Energy)
- Mother – Kim Pegula (née Kerr) (Businesswoman, President of Pegula Sports and Entertainment, Owner of Black River Entertainment)
- Siblings – Kelly Pegula (Younger Sister), Matthew Pegula (Brother)
- Others – Michael Pegula (Older Half-Brother), Laura Pegula (Older Half-Sister) (Former College-Level Tennis Player)
She is represented by MDT Management, Bespoke Talent Management Agency, United States.
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jessica has dated –
- Taylor Gahagen (2016-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Asian)
She is of American descent on her father’s side and South Korean descent on her mother’s side.
- Toned physique
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
Jessica has been sponsored by –
- Yonex Tennis
Jessica Pegula Favorite Things
- Tennis Shot – Backhand (Down The Line)
- Tennis Grand Slam Tournament – US Open
- Sports – Tennis, Golf
- Tennis Role Model/Idol – Martina Hingis
Source – WTA
Jessica Pegula Facts
- When she won her first WTA career singles title at the Washington Open in August 2019, she had reached a career-high world ranking of 55. Although she did not win another main draw match for the rest of the season, her performances earlier in the year were enough to help her finish a calendar year in the ‘Top 100’ of the world rankings for the first time, at No. 76.
- An elusive place in the ‘Top 50’ of the world singles rankings was achieved by her after reaching the quarter-final of the 2021 Australian Open, the first time she had reached this far at a Grand Slam tournament.
- In August 2016, she and her sister Kelly had announced that they would be launching a quick-serve restaurant called Healthy Scratch in LECOM Harborcenter, an ice hockey-themed mixed-use facility that was owned by her parents in Buffalo, New York. It was expanded into a food-truck service in 2017. Later that year, she had started a skincare line called Ready 24.
- She has also started a charitable organization called A Lending Paw. The organization connects distressed people with rescued and trained service animals.
- In January 2023, Jessica was knocked out of Australian Open 2023 after she lost in straight sets by 4-6, 1-6 to Victoria Azarenka in the quarterfinal match.
Featured Image by Jessica Pegula / Instagram