|Victoria Azarenka Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||July 31, 1989|
Victoria Azarenka is a Belarusian professional tennis player. As of June 2022, she has won 21 WTA singles titles such as the 2 Grand Slam singles titles at the Australian Open in 2012 and 2013. In the doubles tournaments, she has won numerous WTA doubles titles, Grand Slam titles, and an Olympic gold medal in mixed doubles at the 2012 London Olympics. Victoria has participated in a variety of tournaments such as the US Open, Australian Open, French Open, Summer Olympics, Indian Wells, and Wimbledon.
Victória Fyódorovna Azárenka
Minsk, Belorussian SSR, Soviet Union
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Professional Tennis Player
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
- Father – Fedor Azarenka
- Mother – Alla Azarenka
- Siblings – Max Azarenka (Older Brother)
Azarenka is signed with Lagardere Unlimited.
6 ft or 183 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Victoria Azarenka dated –
- Sergei Bubka (2011-2012) – In the past, Azarenka dated the Ukrainian professional tennis player Sergei Bubka. They separated in 2012 after starting the relationship in 2011.
- Stefan Gordy (2012-2014) – In the period from 2012 until 2014, Azarenka dated the American musician Stefan Gordy (also known as Redfoo).
- Billy McKeague – Victoria was in a relationship with Billy McKeague in the past. The couple has a son named Leo (b. December 19, 2016). They broke up in 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blonde hair and blue eyes
- Towering Height (6 ft)
- Long wavy hair
37-27-38 in or 94-68.5-96.5 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
Azarenka has penned endorsement deals with Nike, Wilson, American Express, InstaForex, Citizen Watch, Six Star Pro Nutrition, and Red Bull.
Best Known For
Being former world’s #1 female tennis player. She achieved her best ranking (#1) on January 30, 2012.
Azarenka appeared in the TV movie 12th Annual Desert Smash (2016) as herself.
First TV Show
Other than tennis matches themselves, Victoria was seen in the news talk show Fox and Friends as herself.
First Professional Tennis Match
She played her first professional tennis match at the ITF junior tour in November 2003 in Israel.
First Grand Slam Singles Wins
You can check Azarenka’s recent title wins on WTATennis.com.
She won her first Australian Open in 2012.
Victoria Azarenka has been coached by –
- Antonio van Grichen (2005-2009)
- Sam Sumyk (2010-2015)
- Wim Fissette
Azarenka is recognized as one of the best female tennis players who have played in the last two decades. She has been working hard on her athleticism and game techniques with different trainers. We do not know her detailed workout regime, but we managed to find few videos in which she works on her conditioning and strength which can be seen on the following links –
Victoria Azarenka Favorite Things
- Shot – Backhand
- Surface – Hard
- City – Minsk, New York City
Source – WTATennis.com
Victoria Azarenka Facts
- Victoria first got introduced to tennis when she was 7.
- She has huge respect for the Swiss tennis player Roger Federer.
- Azarenka speaks English, Russian, and Belarusian fluently. She can also speak a little French and Ukrainian.
- Her idol since a young age has been the legendary German former female tennis player Steffi Graf.
- She shifted to Scottsdale, Arizona, USA from Belarus in order to work on her game when she was 15.
- In 2012, Azarenka relocated to Monte Carlo, Monaco.
- In 2013, she purchased a house in Los Angeles, California.
- In 2011, Azarenka wanted to stop playing tennis and focus on her education. However, her grandmother told her to continue her sports career.
- According to the well-known world magazine Forbes in 2013, Azarenka was ranked as #4 female athlete in the world for her income which was around 15.7 million dollars.
- Her biggest rivals throughout her career have been Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova.
- Victoria won the 2012 Olympic Gold Medal in mixed doubles after in the finals, she and her country fellow Max Mirnyi won against Andy Murray and Laura Robson of Great Britain.
- She won the 2012 and 2013 Australian Open tournaments.