|Anderson Paak Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||February 8, 1986|
|Spouse||Jaylyn Hye Yeon|
Anderson Paak is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, TV personality, multi-instrumentalist, and record producer. Under the alias Anderson .Paak, he has released studio albums such as Venice (2014), Malibu (2016), Oxnard (2018), and Ventura (2019), as well as Yes Lawd! (2016) as part of a duo NxWorries with a fellow record producer, Knxwledge.
Brandon Paak Anderson
Breezy Lovejoy, Cheeky Andy, Almond Titfudge
Oxnard, Ventura, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
He attended Foothill Technology High School in Ventura, California, United States.
Singer, Songwriter, Rapper, Record Producer, Multi-Instrumentalist, TV Personality
- Father – He was in the Air Force.
- Mother – No Soo-park (Former farmer, Works with the older people)
- Siblings – He has a younger sister.
- Others – Andrew Allen Bills (Maternal Grandfather), George Gray Bills (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Mary Ellen Johnson (Maternal Great-Grandmother)
Anderson Paak is represented by –
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA) (Talent Agent) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- FYI Public Relations (Publicist ) in Los Angeles, California, United States
Hip-Hop/Rap, Funk, R&B, Soul
Vocals, Percussion, Keyboards, Drums
- Stones Throw
- Steel Wool
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Anderson Paak has dated –
- Jaylyn “Jae Lin” Hye Yeon (2011-Present) – He married Jaylyn, a music student from South Korea in 2011. They have 2 sons together named Shine and Soul Rasheed.
Note: Anderson was married once before Jaylyn to a woman he met while playing drums at his family’s church.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and Asian)
He is of African-American descent on his paternal side and of 1/4 Korean and African-American descent on his maternal side.
- Multiple tattoos
- Dazzling smile
He has endorsed the Brandon Anderson Foundation.
He is religious.
Anderson Paak Favorite Things
Songs – Keep Your Head Up by 2Pac, Happy Feelings by Maze ft. Frankie Beverly, The Bone Song by Sa-Ra, I Say A Little Prayer by Aretha Franklin, Paranoid Android by Radiohead, Superwoman (Where Were You When I Needed You) by Stevie Wonder, Is It Love by Thundercat, I’m Not You by Clipse, We Major by Kanye West ft. Nas & Really Doe, Brooklyn’s Finest by Jay-Z ft. Notorious B.I.G, Africa by D’Angelo, Sometimes by Bilal, Like This by J. Dilla, In My Life by The Beatles, Better in Tune With the Infinite by Jay Electronica
Source – DJ Booth
Anderson Paak Facts
- The dot he uses in front of “Paak” in his alias is a nod to his attention to detail.
- His mother was born in South Korea and raised by her grandparents. She was later adopted by an American couple from Los Angeles, California.
- He was estranged from his father and at the age of 7, witnessed him assaulting his mother. That was the last time Anderson saw his dad as he received a 14-year sentence and later passed away.
- He won his high school’s winter formal and was elected prom king.
- Anderson used to work at a marijuana farm in Santa Barbara, California.
- He worked as a drummer for Haley Reinhart, known for reaching semi-finals on the 10th season of the reality-TV show, American Idol.
- In 2016, Anderson was named one of XXL Freshmen. Other rappers on the list were Lil Uzi Vert, 21 Savage, Kodak Black, Lil Yachty, G Herbo, Dave East, Denzel Curry, Lil Dicky, and Desiigner.
- His 2nd studio album, Malibu (2016) was nominated for “Best Urban Contemporary Album” at the 2017 Grammy Awards.
- In 2016, after Beyonce released her song, Formation, she also released a “Hot Sauce” playlist of her favorite songs. His song, The Bird, was on the 8th spot.
- Rappers Kendrick Lamar, Pusha T, J. Cole, Q-Tip, and Snoop Dogg were featured artists on his 3rd studio album, Oxnard (2018) which was produced by Dr. Dre.
- His May 2018 single, Bubblin, won a Grammy award for “Best Rap Performance” in 2019.
- Anderson released his 4th studio album, Ventura, on April 12, 2019. It won a Grammy award for “Best R&B Album” in 2020. It also included rappers Brandy Norwood, Smokey Robinson, André 3000, and Nate Dogg, the latter of whom passed away in 2011 as featured artists.
- He collaborated with Eminem on a track titled Lock It Up from Eminem’s 11th studio album, Music to be Murdered By (2020).
- He formed a new music band titled Silk Sonic in February 2021 in collaboration with Bruno Mars. In June 2021, Silk Sonic won the 2021 BET Award for “Best Group”. In July 2021, the band released a new single titled Skate. The band released its new album titled An Evening With Silk Sonic and a new single titled Smokin’ Out The Window in November 2021.
- During Grammys 2021, Anderson had won the “Best Melodic Rap Performance” award for Lockdown.
- In August 2021, Anderson revealed that he had got a new tattoo on his forearm. It reads – “When I’m gone please don’t release any posthumous albums or songs with my name attached. Those were just demos and never intended to be heard by the public.”
- Silk Sonic released their debut album An Evening with Silk Sonic in November 2021.
- During the 2021 American Music Awards, Silk Sonic received the award for “Favorite Song – R&B” for Leave the Door Open. The song also won the Grammy Award for “Record of the Year” and “Song of the Year” in April 2022.
Featured Image by The Come Up Show / Flickr / CC BY-2.0