|Trace Adkins Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||January 13, 1962|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Trace Adkins is an American musician and actor who is known to portray the role of a tough biker Eddie Vogel in The Lincoln Lawyer (2011). He has appeared in several TV shows including 18 Wheels of Justice (2000) as Buck Bishop and Yes, Dear (2004) as Curtis. He has also released numerous popular songs like There’s a Girl in Texas, Million Dollar View, Still a Soldier, and Brown Chicken Brown Cow. Trace has a huge social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram and more than 4 million followers on Facebook.
Tracy Darrell Adkins
Trace, Tracy D. Adkins
Sarepta, Springhill, Louisiana, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Adkins went to Louisiana Tech University in Ruston and had to leave his training due to his knee injuries.
- Father – Aaron Doyle Adkins (Worker at International Paper Container Division in Springhill)
- Mother – Peggy Carraway
- Siblings – Clay Adkins (Younger Brother) (d. 1993), Scott Adkins (Younger Brother) (d. 1993)
- Others – Rayford Doyle Adkins (Paternal Grandfather), Mavis B. Giles (Paternal Grandmother), Jentry T. Carraway (Maternal Grandfather), Katie Maude Thompson (Maternal Grandmother)
Trace Adkins is represented by Essential Broadcast Media LLC.
Country, Country Rock
- Capitol Nashville
- Show Dog-Universal
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Trace Adkins has dated –
- Barbara Lewis (1982-1995) – Trace and Barbara Lewis got married in 1982. The couple divorced in 1995. Their marriage produced 2 daughters named Tarah Adkins and Sarah Adkins.
- Julie Lauren Curtis (1991-1994) – Trace got married to Julie Lauren Curtis in 1991. Their marriage life came to an end in 1994, when Julie shot Adkins with the family’s handgun. The bullet ripped through his heart and both lungs.
- Rhonda Forlaw (1997-2014) – Trace and Forlaw tied the knot in 1997. In March 2014, Rhonda filed a divorce from the musician because of his drinking habits and they finally got divorced in 2015. They have 3 daughters together named Mackenzie, Brianna, and Trinity.
Race / Ethnicity
Adkins has English, some Scottish, and distant Welsh ancestry.
Blue with a hint of Green
- Permanently crooked left pinky finger
- Baritone voice
- Towering height
- Adkins appeared in a PSA for the Wounded Warriors Project in 2010.
- He provided his voice in the TV commercial voice-overs for the KFC fast food restaurant chain and Firestone Tire and Rubber Company.
- He has also appeared in a TV commercial for ASCO.
Best Known For
- Playing tough biker Eddie Vogel in 2011 crime, drama, thriller film The Lincoln Lawyer
- Releasing popular songs like There’s a Girl in Texas, Lonely Won’t Leave Me Alone, Help Me Understand, Million Dollar View, Still a Soldier, and Brown Chicken Brown Cow
Trace released his first studio album titled Dreamin’ Out Loud on June 25, 1996, via Capitol Records Nashville. The album was a huge success and peaked at the #1 position on Billboard Top Heatseekers chart.
Adkins made his theatrical film debut in the 1987 rom-com, drama film Square Dance as a Bayou Band Member.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance in 1997 on the comedy, music, talk-show Late Show with David Letterman.
Trace Adkins Facts
- Before his music career, Adkins used to work as a roughneck at a lucrative oil industry.
- His love for music and guitar began to develop at a very young age when his father taught him to play guitar.
- Trace is a follower of the American Red Cross.
- He got signed by the president of Capitol Records‘ country division during his performance at the Tillie’s & Lucy’s Pub in Nashville.
- Adkins brothers died in a pickup truck accident near Plain Dealing in Bossier Parish.
- Adkins is a full-time member at the Sons of Confederate Veterans in Louisiana.
- He was titled as the top new male vocalist by the Academy of Country Music in 1997.
- Country Weekly magazine declared Adkins as the favorite male newcomer in 1997.
- During his struggling days, Trace used to work at an oil rig.
- Before stepping into music, he worked as a pharmacy technician.
- An accident made Adkins lose his pinky finger.
- He met with an accident in which his pickup truck smashed into the back of an empty school bus resulting in major injuries including a punctured lung, fractured ribs, and nose replacement. His nose was completely torn off and got attached again. His crooked finger got reattached in such a way that he can easily play guitar.
- Adkins was a walk-on offensive lineman at Louisiana Tech Bulldogs football team.
- He is not graduated as he had to terminate his studies due to knee injuries.
- Before he relocated to Nashville, Tennessee, Trace was a regular performer at honky-tonk bars in the Ark-La-Tex area.
- His first single titled There’s a Girl in Texas scored in the Top 20 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks charts in 1996.
- Adkins joined rehabilitation for alcoholism in 2014.
- Visit his official website @ www.traceadkins.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Google+, SoundCloud, and MySpace.
Featured Image by Ron Cogswell / Flickr / CC BY-2.0