|Gurmeet Choudhary Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||February 22, 1984|
Gurmeet Choudhary is an Indian actor and martial artist who became a household name in the country when he portrayed Lord Rama in the epic mythological TV series Ramayan (2008-2009). He is also well recognized for playing the leading roles of Maan Singh Khurana in the soap opera Geet – Hui Sabse Parayi (2010-2011) and Yash Suraj Pratap Sindhia in the drama TV series Punar Vivah (2012-2013). His film career kicked off in 2015 with the lead role of Jaidev Dhanrajgir in the psychological thriller film Khamoshiyan. He has also played starring roles in the romantic crime-thriller film Wajah Tum Ho (2016), the 2017 romantic comedy-drama film Laali Ki Shaadi Mein Laaddoo Deewana, and the 2018 action-war film Paltan.
Gurmeet Sitaram Choudhary
Bhagalpur, Bihar, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Gurmeet completed the majority of his school and college education from Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh. He had then attended the Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics in Mumbai.
Actor, Martial Artist
- Father – Sitaram Chaudhary (Retired Army Officer)
- Mother – Anmol Choudhary
- Siblings – Gangaram Choudhary (Brother) (Doctor)
He is represented by Vasudha Grover, Event and Booking Manager, TOABH Entertainment, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
He also often looks after his and his wife Debina’s bookings and inquiries.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gurmeet has dated –
- Debina Bonnerjee (2008–Present) – Gurmeet began dating Indian actress Debina Bonnerjee who had co-starred with him, playing the role of Sita in the epic mythological TV series Ramayan, in 2008. In 2009, they had participated in the parenting-based reality TV show Pati Patni Aur Woh and got engaged in 2010. They got married on February 15, 2011, and have adopted 2 daughters together. In February 2022, it was revealed that Gurmeet and Debina were expecting their first child together. The couple welcomed a baby girl named Lianna Choudhary on April 3, 2022. In August 2022, the couple revealed that they were expecting their 2nd child together. They welcomed a daughter named Divisha on November 11, 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Often sports a light stubble or a rugged beard
Gurmeet has served as the brand ambassador for the wellness brand Optimum Nutrition.
He has participated in promotional campaigns for brands and services such as –
- Danube Properties
- Country Club India
He has also been featured in the TV commercials for –
- Refoam Shoes
- Signature Blankets
Gurmeet Choudhary Favorite Things
- Sports – Swimming, Kickboxing
- Hobbies/Interests – Horse Riding, Dancing, Playing the Guitar
- Movie Genre – Action
Source – Facebook
Gurmeet Choudhary Facts
- He has participated, with grand success, in several dance competition-based reality TV shows. He won the 5th season of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa in 2012 and had finished as a runner-up in the 6th season of Nach Baliye (2013-2014), where he had participated with his wife Debina as his partner.
- He came to Mumbai in 2001 in order to pursue an acting career.
- In the extension series of the latter, titled Nach Baliye Shriman v/s Shrimati, the participating couples had competed against their respective partners instead of each other as a pair. Gurmeet was named the ‘Best Performer’ of the series.
- He had also finished as a runner-up at the 2014 edition of the Indian version of the adventure-based reality TV show Fear Factor. The season had been titled Khatron Ke Khiladi Darr Ka Blockbuster.
- In 2017, he was included in the list of ‘Top 50 Sexiest Asian Men Alive’ in the 8th place, sandwiched between Salman Khan and Ranveer Singh.
- In February 2021, Gurmeet revealed that he was inspired to become an actor after watching Hrithik Roshan‘s film Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai (2000).
- In May 2021, he received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Featured Image by Gurmeet Choudhary / Instagram