|Tainy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||August 9, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Tainy is a Puerto Rican record producer and songwriter who had started his journey in the reggaeton musical genre with his work on Mas Flow 2, the 2nd compilation album by reggaeton producers Luny Tunes, a reggaeton production duo consisting of Francisco Saldaña (Luny) and Víctor Cabrera (Tunes) who have been creating unique musical rhythms for some of the most popular reggaeton artists since the early 2000s. Tainy is widely regarded as one of the leading music producers among the new wave of Latin musicians, having produced some of the biggest reggaeton hits during his career. As a solo artist, he has released a studio album titled Dynasty (July 2021) and an EP titled Neon16 Tape: The Kids that Grew Up on Reggaeton (March 2020). Besides that, as a lead artist, he has released several singles including chartbusters such as I Can’t Get Enough, Callaíta, Adicto, Agua, and Un Dia (One Day) which have been certified ‘Gold’ and ‘Platinum’ by organizations such as Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), Music Canada, Federazione Industria Musicale Italiana, Productores de Música de España, and Asociación Mexicana de Productores de Fonogramas y Videogramas.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Record Producer, Songwriter
- Siblings – He has a younger brother.
- Mas Flow Incorporated
- WY Records
- Roc Nation, LLC
- Y Entertainment
- Interscope Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
69 kg or 152 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Puerto Rican descent on his father’s side and Dominican descent on his mother’s side.
He often tends to dye his hair blonde, pink, purple, or blue.
- Slender frame
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Sports a trimmed goatee
- Tainy’s career in the music industry had started when he had met Nely “El Arma Secreta”, a Puerto Rican reggaeton producer, and had given him a demo tape of his work. Nely was introduced to the genre by the iconic reggaeton production duo Luny Tunes. Nely had passed on the tape to Luny Tunes who had then signed Tainy up to their team, impressed by his work.
- When he was about 15 years old, Nely had loaned him an FL Studio XXL, a digital audio workstation, so that he could learn music production. He went on to practice and hone his skills for about a year after which he was put to the test by Luny Tunes. They had tasked him with working on a song. They ended up liking the result and had eventually used that song for their album, Mas Flow 2.
- Tainy and Luny Tunes then collaborated to produce the Los Benjamins album, producing 15 of the tracks on the latter’s 3rd compilation album.
- In 2019, he and music executive Lex Borrero had jointly launched a new company called NEON16. A multifaceted talent incubator, NEON16‘s label side had partnered with Interscope Records and had signed up artists like Puerto Rican rapper Alvaro Diaz and Colombian singer Dylan Fuentes
- At the Latin Grammy Awards, he had won the ‘Best Urban Song’ award in 2009, and the ‘Best Urban Music Album’ award in both 2018 and 2019.
Featured Image by Tainy / Instagram