Alexandra Ashley Hughes
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
She divides her time between Los Angeles and Toronto.
Allie Hughes went to the Etobicoke School of the Arts. She also got enrolled in Interlochen Arts Academy in Michigan to study classical piano and voice.
Allie later got enrolled at the Sheridan College and graduated from Musical Theatre Performance program. She also took classes in a musical theatre at the college.
Singer, Songwriter, Producer, Actress, Model
Allie X is managed by Bobby Kimberly.
Indie Pop, Synthpop, Electropop
Twin Music Inc.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She has British ancestry.
- Unique and eccentric style sense
- Loves wearing shades
- Small Mouth
Best Known For
- The critical acclaim garnered by her debut EP CollXtion I. The singles from the EP such as Bitch and Prime were especially well received.
- The popularity of her debut single, Catch, which peaked at the 55th spot on the Canadian music charts.
In June 2017, she released her debut studio album, CollXtion II.
First TV Show
In 2008, Allie X made her first TV show appearance in the We Belong episode of the drama music TV series, Instant Star.
Allie X Favorite Things
- Influences – Arthur Russell, ABBA, Björk, Lady Gaga, Kate Bush, Céline Dion, Cyndi Lauper, Mark Mothersbaugh, Mariah Carey, Tom Petty, and novelist Haruki Murakami
- Outfit As A Kid – Dresses
Source – Wikipedia, Galore Mag
Allie X Facts
- She started her musical journey in 2006 under the stage name of Allie Hughes. Initially, she was focused on indie rock, indie pop, and jazz.
- In 2007, she released her first music album, Waiting for the Prize. It was released in a CD format and was circulated on the local level.
- She was eliminated from the Canadian reality show, How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria? after just 2 weeks.
- In July 2013, Allie shifted her base to Los Angeles to pursue a full-time songwriting career.
- Her single Catch received widespread attention and viral internet fame after it was praised by Katy Perry on Twitter as she called the song her ‘spring jam.’
- She has heavily contributed to Troye Sivan‘s album Blue Neighbourhood. She had co-written 7 of the singles in the album and also supported Sivan during the North American leg of her 2016 music tour.
- In 2013, she was awarded the Canadian Film Centre Slaight Music Residency Showcase in recognition of her work as an indie artist.
- She has revealed in her interviews that X in her stage name is taken from the unknown variable in algebra.
- She is a vocal supporter of the LGBT rights and has attended a number of rallies and events to showcase her support to the cause.
- Allie identifies herself as a feminist and has supported women’s rights.
- Before she released CollXtion II, she had put a number of demos online so that her fans would help her pick the best ones.
- She has struggled with body issues and in the past, had found it hard to be proud of her body shape.
- While working on CollXtion II, she relied on Madonna, Aphex Twin, Spotify Discover, Cindy Lauper, and Stevie Nicks for inspiration.
- Visit her official website @ shop.alliex.com.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Allie X / Instagram