|Mitski Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||September 27, 1990|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Mitski is a Japanese-born American singer, songwriter, musician, and performer whose discography consists of albums, extended plays, and tracks like Lush, This Is Where We Fall, Bury Me at Makeout Creek, Heat Lightning, Bug Like an Angel, Puberty 2, The Only Heartbreaker, Be the Cowboy, Laurel Hell, Should’ve Been Me, The Land Is Inhospitable and So Are We, First Love / Late Spring, I Don’t Smoke, I Will, Your Best American Girl, Townie, Happy, Between the Breaths (with Xiu Xiu), Nobody, Two Slow Dancers, Geyser, The Baddy Man, Cop Car, The End, Working for the Knife, Love Me More, and Retired from Sad, New Career in Business.
Mitski, Mitski Miyawaki
Mie Prefecture, Japan
Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, United States
Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Performer
- Father – He was employed at the United States Department of State.
Mitski has been signed with High Road Touring, Company, Sausalito, Marin County, California, United States.
Indie Rock, Folk Rock, Art Pop
Vocals, Guitar, Bass, Piano
Dead Oceans, Don Giovanni Records, Double Double Whammy
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, she has a net worth of $4 Million.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Asian)
Mitski is of American descent on her father’s side and has Japanese roots on her mother’s side.
Talking about her ethnicity, she once stated, “I’m half Japanese, but I’m also half white. I can’t represent everybody. But it’s funny to be in the U.S. and be called an Asian-American, and then be in Asia or Japan where I’m just a colonizer.”
- Due to her father’s job, the family moved frequently when Mitski was a child and spent time living in several places such as Turkey, China, Malaysia, the Czech Republic, and the Democratic Republic of Congo before settling in the United States.
- Mitski was 18 years old when she wrote her first song on the piano.
- Reflecting on her childhood, she has stated, “Growing up, I struggled a lot with control because I felt I had none over my own life and surroundings. I was shuttled from one place to another and never felt like I belonged anywhere. I was never a part of any community. So, I think a lot of those things fueled this eternal question for me about control and power, and what it means to be powerful, and what it means to be powerless.”
- On January 31, 2012, Mitski released her debut studio album Lush. Producer Patrick Hyland described the album with the quote: “Lush was in college, like, ‘Oh, my gosh, there are studios! There are other instrumentalists!”. Moreover, the album has been described as “mournful” by Rolling Stone.
- Her 5th studio album titled Be the Cowboy was released on August 17, 2018, via Dead Oceans and its tracklist included Why Didn’t You Stop Me?, A Pearl, Lonesome Love, Geyser, Old Friend, Remember My Name, Nobody, Blue Light, Come into the Water, Washing Machine Heart, and Two Slow Dancers. The album peaked at #3 on the US Independent Albums (Billboard) chart, at #6 on the US Top Alternative Albums (Billboard) chart, at #7 on the US Top Rock Albums (Billboard) chart, at #9 on the UK Independent Albums (OCC) chart, and at #52 on the US Billboard 200 chart. Also, it was certified ‘Gold in the United States and ‘Silver’ in the United Kingdom.
- Mitski released her 6th studio album Laurel Hell on February 4, 2022, through Dead Oceans. It peaked at #1 on the US Top Rock Albums (Billboard) chart and US Top Alternative Albums (Billboard) chart.
- Japanese was Mitski’s first language.
Featured Image by David Lee / Flickr / CC BY 2.0